Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 Wilson Combat Grip Module

Quote Originally Posted by Rc217 View Post
    I received one today and noticed the same regarding the trigger reset. How did it function at the range?
    Issues worked themselves out after less than 10 rounds.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Mine came in today...I'm really digging it.

The magwell makes a huge difference compared to the standard and X-Compact grip, and I like the relief behind the mag release.

Since I had them handy, I took some pics showing various magazines and side-by-side comparisons with an X-Comp and X-Carry grip module.
    Any concerns with accidental activation or deactivation of the slide catch?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    That's a highly personal and subjective call
    For sure. For me, flat side panels make it easier to get a consistent grip in the holster and help me keep the recoil arc consistent. I am measurably less consistent with the rounded profile grip modules (greater proportion of fumbled draws and slower splits while I wait for the sites). YMMV.

All that is speculation based on pictures. I don't have one in hand to try. The Wilson unit might be better on every measurable way, for me, and I plan to spend some money to find out. Even then, you may have a different experience.

I don't own a 320. I shot a full size model upon their release. It didn't fit, and the recoil impulse felt like a wet noodle. Upon handling a Carry model, I liked the shorter slide, but I held off buying one as they were still new. Then the drop thing came about. I thought the X frames would be the ticket, but I found the large and mediums to be too wide and the small to be too small.

I ordered one of the Wilson modules just to see how they feel figuring I could sell it if I didn't like it.

I like it. I like an out of the box grip option that doesn't require doubling the cost of the gun to get.

I'll probably try it on a demo gun or borrow a 320 and put some work in with it prior to actually buying a 320 however. If it doesn't give me an improvement over a G19, there is no point in going down that road.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    For sure. For me, flat side panels make it easier to get a consistent grip in the holster and help me keep the recoil arc consistent. I am measurably less consistent with the rounded profile grip modules (greater proportion of fumbled draws and slower splits while I wait for the sites). YMMV.

All that is speculation based on pictures. I don't have one in hand to try. The Wilson unit might be better on every measurable way, for me, and I plan to spend some money to find out. Even then, you may have a different experience.
    I recently transitioned from mostly shooting a CZ P-09 in USPSA Production (flat grip sides) to a P-10F in Carry Optics (slightly rounded grip sides).

At first the P-10 felt really strange and I had the same issues as you (poor recoil control, inconsistent grip on the draw). It took me about 1500 rounds to re-set my hands and brain. Now I can shoot both about equally well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I don't own a 320. I shot a full size model upon their release. It didn't fit, and the recoil impulse felt like a wet noodle. Upon handling a Carry model, I liked the shorter slide, but I held off buying one as they were still new. Then the drop thing came about. I thought the X frames would be the ticket, but I found the large and mediums to be too wide and the small to be too small.

I ordered one of the Wilson modules just to see how they feel figuring I could sell it if I didn't like it.

I like it. I like an out of the box grip option that doesn't require doubling the cost of the gun to get.

I'll probably try it on a demo gun or borrow a 320 and put some work in with it prior to actually buying a 320 however. If it doesn't give me an improvement over a G19, there is no point in going down that road.
    I am toying with the idea of the M17 with thumb safety and the Wilson Combat grip module. If I decide to put one together I'll shoot it at your class next month. If not, it will be a Colt 38 Super.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Any concerns with accidental activation or deactivation of the slide catch?
    Haven't shot it yet, but looks to be no more/less prone than an X grip (which I don't have issues with).

I ended up swinging by a Sig LE dealer on the way home. I handled a regular carry model. The only X frame they had was an X-Carry.

I know it's all subjective, but I "like" the feel and contour of the WC module the best. The standard module just feels like a freshly unwrapped bar of soap to me. The medium X frame is a bit wide for my taste.

I also thought I would like the flat trigger better. I didn't.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Just to clarify when they say "any X-Series" Im assuming they mean any 17 round mag that doesn't have the tabs on each side that go into the cutout on the grip module and say Sig Sauer on the pad of say a standard compact model? Sorry there are so many variables with Sig

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Haven't shot it yet, but looks to be no more/less prone than an X grip (which I don't have issues with).
    Just wondering since the standard 320 grip has a curtain around the release and the X grip has that sort of raised ridge running along the top of the grip below the release.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

User Tag List