Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: P320 Wilson Combat Grip Module

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    Mine came in today...I'm really digging it.

The magwell makes a huge difference compared to the standard and X-Compact grip, and I like the relief behind the mag release.

Since I had them handy, I took some pics showing various magazines and side-by-side comparisons with an X-Comp and X-Carry grip module.

Looks like you can get a considerably higher purchase on the gun compared to the the others. Is that the case?

Thank you for the pics!! It almost looks to be between the regular x carry and x compact modules in size. Pretty awesome.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Looks like you can get a considerably higher purchase on the gun compared to the the others. Is that the case?
    The undercut feels about like the X-Compact grip...much improved over the standard and X-Carry frames for sure.

The thing I appreciate most about the X-series modules are the flat sides. It looks like the sides are rounded and the Wilson modules, which might be a step back (I'm willing to experiment to find out). I'm digging that magwell, though. Thanks for the detailed comparison pictures.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Man they look great, ordered a full size last night, stoked!

One of my guy's ordered one and it arrived today. Overall, I'm impressed with the value the module offers compared to buying a standard module and paying to have it stippled.

In particular, I noticed that installing the module was tight. Tight to a degree that trigger reset is sluggish. Some dry cycles helped with this but I sent my guy straight to the range to run some rounds through it. Second, the module is super friendly for those who shoot thumbs forward. That cut above and behind the magazine catch really lets the support side thumb sink in. Of course, I shoot thumbs up so the swell at the top is annoying to a degree that I would recontour it if I wanted to use it. The stippling on the front and back is aggressive and really provides some bite. I'd prefer to see a bit more texture were the "drum stick" of your support side thumb interfaces with the side of the module. Also, the magazine well is very nicely done - like a hotdog down a hallway. The magazine well creates a noticeable swell at the bottom of the grip for a normal size hand this is fine. I can see where someone with really large hands might object.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    One of my guy's ordered one and it arrived today. Overall, I'm impressed with the value the module offers compared to buying a standard module and paying to have it stippled.

In particular, I noticed that installing the module was tight. Tight to a degree that trigger reset is sluggish. Some dry cycles helped with this but I sent my guy straight to the range to run some rounds through it. Second, the module is super friendly for those who shoot thumbs forward. That cut above and behind the magazine catch really lets the support side thumb sink in. Of course, I shoot thumbs up so the swell at the top is annoying to a degree that I would recontour it if I wanted to use it. The stippling on the front and back is aggressive and really provides some bite. I'd prefer to see a bit more texture were the "drum stick" of your support side thumb interfaces with the side of the module. Also, the magazine well is very nicely done - like a hotdog down a hallway. The magazine well creates a noticeable swell at the bottom of the grip for a normal size hand this is fine. I can see where someone with really large hands might object.
    Interested to know if this is a duty pistol, or an off duty? I'm very curious to hear what Sig says about the factory warranty when using an aftermarket grip module. I personally think this is a great idea and allows the modularity of the pistol to continue to evolve, but I'd like to know what Sig says.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    The thing I appreciate most about the X-series modules are the flat sides. It looks like the sides are rounded and the Wilson modules, which might be a step back
    That's a highly personal and subjective call

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post

I received one today and noticed the same regarding the trigger reset. How did it function at the range?

These modules almost make want to ignore my feelings on SIG and pick up a 320...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List