Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anti-gun ‘expert’ says ‘how you hold the gun makes it an assault weapon

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    And he said that suppressors, encouraged for use by hunters in Europe, are dangerous.

“A deer is going to run away no matter what, but it’s a human who may not understand it’s a gunshot when they hear a silencer,” he said.

That's like after the Vegas shooting where a nationally prominent Dem stated that if the shooter had used suppressors (HPA was in committee at that time) nobody would have known who was shooting and from where.

Also goes along with;

you can buy guns on the internet just like Amazon, they show up at your door 2 days later

Assault weapons are "more deadly" than non-assault weapons.

and on and on

cc

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    It is scary how ignorant most politicians are these days. What does that say about the constituents that voted them in?
    That they didn't know how stupid "they" were when they elected them.

(Looking at it in the best possible light. Of course, "they" might mean the public or the buffoon they elected.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Well, he may not be a firearms expert, but he did convince a whole bunch of Virginian's to elect him into office, so I guess he has that going for him.
    I find it difficult to believe that the people who get into positions of power to do things like getting gun control done are really as stupid as they make themselves look at times like this. I find the concept of structured disinformation to be far more plausible. Yeah, the opposition that will oppose them anyway thinks they are dumb, but that also tends to cause that opposition to underestimate the danger they represent. Almost as importantly, the lie runs around the world (with the help of the Left media) while the truth is still tying its shoes. People on the fence emotionally who lack information will buy it and fall off on the ban side.

I don't believe they are as ignorant as this. I think they are sewing the seeds of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt on purpose.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

"I find it difficult to believe that the people who get into positions of power to do things like getting gun control done are really as stupid as they make themselves look at times like this."

There is certainly deliberate misinformation by politicians/activists - Josh Sugarman's invention of the term 'assault weapons' is one example. But there are also examples which I think really do highlight a lack of intellectual prowess. For example, congressman Hank Johnson's famous concern about Guam capsizing. Whether or not Guam is at risk of capsizing doesn't really have a partisan angle that I can see.

There are cases where it's hard to be 100% sure. For example, I saw a clip a while ago where a reporter is interviewing Bloomberg about banning semi-autos. it goes something like:

Reporter: ... semi-autos are one trigger pull, one shot, like a revolver
    Bloomberg (making a 'why do I have to put up with such idiots' grimace): No, a revolver is bang ... (making trigger pull gestures) ... bang ... bang. AR15's are (single finger pull gesture) Babababababap.....

On one hand, it really did seem like he thought AR's were all full auto. OTOH, it is kinda hard to believe someone like him could be that uninformed on a topic near and dear to him. I just don't know which is true. If you know better, it seems like too obvious a lie to get caught in. But how could anyone in the habit of being that poorly informed not have already gone bankrupt?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I find it difficult to believe that the people who get into positions of power to do things like getting gun control done are really as stupid as they make themselves look at times like this. I find the concept of structured disinformation to be far more plausible.
    Nobody is knowledgeable in every aspect of our increasingly complex society. Obviously he knows nothing about guns, but how many of us could be similarly foolish if called upon to talk about banking regulation, aviation safety, or cyber-security infrastructure? Look how many people are experts on climate change without anything more than, perhaps, a high school Earth Science class. Yet if you're elected at various levels of government you're supposed to know enough to intelligently legislate on any of those areas. That's why lobbyists have such pull and bureaucracy flourishes.

If it was an intentional misinformation campaign, it's an incredibly unpolished one.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Mr. Levin, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

It might or might not have been intentional. The way to fight this is not to write him off as stupid, though. It’s to be in the room and articulate his stupidity for everyone watching so that it doesn’t go unchecked. There are plenty of people in the room who really don’t know, and are not swayed by people simply shouting from the back.

How one holds their penis while urinating can indicate whether they are a rapist or not.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    How one holds their penis while urinating can indicate whether they are a rapist or not.
    @RevolverRob should run with this and seek grant money. Of course he'd have to convince those holding the purse strings that it wasn't a dick move. But I can see them going with the flow with the right approach.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Harvard grad, Fulbright scholar and Yale law graduate.

https://www.markfordelegate.com/bio

Site Supporter
    Under that standard, an AR-15 or AK-47 semiauto would be perfectly fine. They are held exactly the same way as a “hunting” rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List