Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maybe Old News? Couple Interesting Things on the EAA Website

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Doesn't STI make a polymer single stack?

Without further research I'd say the downside is that these guns wouldn't be allowed in USPSA single stack. But that's an assumption without reading the latest rulebook.
    I think it’s Rock River Arms. Maybe STI too, but I also thought STI was out of the single stack business.

I find the 1911 more interesting than I probably should.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I think it’s Rock River Arms. Maybe STI too, but I also thought STI was out of the single stack business.
    Rock River makes a poly framed 1911, and the Staccato R is a similar idea.

Personally I feel like USPSA single stack division and all ten people who shoot it should open the rules up a bit more to allow poly framed 1911s, Sig 220s and even the Glock 43x or 48.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

Personally I feel like USPSA single stack division and all ten people who shoot it should open the rules up a bit more to allow poly framed 1911s, Sig 220s and even the Glock 43x or 48.

Didn't they used to allow TDA until Ernest Langdon made a lot of 1911 guys nervous with a Sig 220?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Whirlwind06; 01-30-2020 at 08:01 PM.

If they want to shoot SIG 220s or Glock 43Xs or 48s they can still shoot Production or L10. Also, all indications are that the Staccato R is going to be considered single stack legal, since it's a metal frame with a polymer grip. Not sure where the RIA or EAA polymer 1911s will fall. At the end of the day the single stack division is supposed to be a 1911 division and it doesn't make much sense to me to change it.

What makes more sense is to eliminate single stack division and allow production 1911s and production SAO guns to compete in PRODUCTION.

But that’ll never happen, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Didn't they used to allow TDA until Ernest Langdon made a lot of 1911 guys nervous with a Sig 220?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Think that was IDPA CPD division. IIRC they added a weight limit that made the SIG P220 with the stainless frame illegal after Ernest won a national championship in CDP division with that gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    What makes more sense is to eliminate single stack division and allow production 1911s and production SAO guns to compete in PRODUCTION.

I mean...a guy local to me shoots a tuned sig 320 in carry optics and the trigger on that gun is basically SAO. All he has to do is download his mags and take off the red Dot and it's a production gun.

Anyhow, yeah I'm pretty sure the RRA poly 1911 is single stack legal. Not sure about the EAA polymer 1911, but IMO their steel framed 1911 looks like all it needs is some pachmayr grips and then it's all sorts of right.

I'd be tempted if I didn't already have a stable of 1911s

I mean...a guy local to me shoots a tuned sig 320 in carry optics and the trigger on that gun is basically SAO. All he has to do is download his mags and take off the red Dot and it's a production gun.

Anyhow, yeah I'm pretty sure the RRA poly 1911 is single stack legal. Not sure about the EAA polymer 1911, but IMO their steel framed 1911 looks like all it needs is some pachmayr grips and then it's all sorts of right.

I'd be tempted if I didn't already have a stable of 1911s

In my opinion it would make sense for the org to introduce a trigger weight requirement for production, like in IPSC, but it seems like that would be pretty unlikely at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

I compete against production guns with a single stack at a couple of matches a year. Not USPSA but the same rule set. It’s tough but not unreasonable. If someone made reliable 10 round mags for 45 I think I could hang with them a little better.

I’m an outsider looking in at USPSA but I think they could eliminate a lot of divisions and improve the sport. There really isn’t anything that can’t be covered by production, limited, carry optics, and open. Let single stack compete in production and your all set.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List