Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help finding holster

Vending Machine Operator

Help finding holster

I’m friends with a young lady on our local PD. Hanging out recently I noticed her off duty holster for her Gen5 G17 is a bit loose and a bit too big. Because it says right on the holster it’s for a G20/G21... so I have gently insisted on buying her another.

Criteria
    - Must be black leather
    - Must have thumb break
    - Must have those belt clips with buttons (idk the technical term l)

I can’t seem to find a holster that meets all 3 of those, so I’m putting it out to the brain trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

This might work

https://www.donhume.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=835

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That’s for a 20/21, but I agree that an ALS 637x or 737x holster would be ideal.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I’m friends with a young lady on our local PD. Hanging out recently I noticed her off duty holster for her Gen5 G17 is a bit loose and a bit too big. Because it says right on the holster it’s for a G20/G21... so I have gently insisted on buying her another.

Criteria
    - Must be black leather
    - Must have thumb break

I can’t seem to find a holster that meets all 3 of those, so I’m putting it out to the brain trust.

What does she use for a duty rig? I would make the off duty holster retention be as close as possible. I’m guessing she’s not using a thumb break holster on her Batbelt...

And props to you for helping her out. Most of my former colleagues weren’t gun guys and gals, and I kinda became a go-to for questions like this within my group of friends and acquaintances.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Vending Machine Operator
    Nice options, thanks guys. I’ll find out what she’s using for duty and find the closest analogue.

Vending Machine Operator
    I should clarify that "off duty holster" isn't for concealment or anything. I probably should have said "plainclothes holster" it's for when she's wearing like, a "police" T-shirt, jeans, and cuffs and badge visible on the belt. Like casual uniformed? I'm not sure what the right term is.

I also noticed checking out her holster and gun that she had incorrectly reassembled her Glock and the RSA was sticking out the front and the gun was locked up. Missed a rail when she was reassembling after cleaning a week or so ago, I believe. She's normally very squared away and it gave both her and I heart attack when we realized that. Just a good note that even the best of us can get complacent about basic stuff and it's always good to double check a rig you're about to bring on duty.

Maybe Mitch Rosen PRES-EXP with thumb strap added.

Site Supporter
    With a Glock, I say go ALS if possible. Preferably the 7TS series.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post

Criteria
    - Must be black leather
    - Must have thumb break

When many of us see the term "thumb break we immediately go to a strap with a snap that releases the strap retention that secures the gun in the holster.

I'm taking a leap of faith that when an officer refers to a thumb break, they are talking about a level 2 or 3 retention device.

I went to the Safariland website and put in a Glock 17 Gen 5, not sure if she has a weapon mounted light but you can choose the options. It's a great tool. Some departments might have requirements for their officers, make sure you fall within her requirements. Don't waste your money on something that she can't use.

http://www.safariland.com/holster-finder

User Tag List