Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DW "heirloom"

DW "heirloom"

Haven’t seen this posted yet. Nothing earth-shattering, but pretty.

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/heirloom-2020/
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I like that they included features to set it up for shooting too vs a life sentence in a shadow box or something. I'd probably look for some stag or faux ivory grips. That light American Holly offered by Alchemy is gorgeous, don't know how available that is generally.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I love me some Dan Wesson, and carry my 9mm Valkyrie CCO regularly (barring streaks of back issues), but nothing about their guns say "heirloom" to me.

Good looking pistol though.

I think we're largely past the age of heirloom guns.

Things meant a lot more when a Colt and a Winchester cost two months of a man's salary and went through the Great Depression, prohibition, stuff like that.

Nowadays, it's a just a bunch of used shit. Fancy 1911s included.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post

Things meant a lot more when a Colt and a Winchester cost two months of a man's salary and went through the Great Depression, prohibition, stuff like that.

#SometimesTheOldWaysAreBest
    #RESIST

Site Supporter

That's a somewhat cynical view of things IMO. Nicely built 1911s can still be had -- even from Colt (who people love to denigrate lately -- somewhat deservedly). I love my Special Combat Governments, but they are made in the Custom Shop. Not the same as the production line guns. But anyway, quality 1911 pistols are still being made to this day.

I didn't mean that there's no quality, just that our kids probably aren't going to care about the guns we have as the life we live with our guns are far from interesting. So far.

When I hear 1911 and "heirloom" in the same sentence, I expect "Jason Burton" to be in the same sentence.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

I sort of agree with this, at least until we get to bespoke shotguns and rifles.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I didn't mean that there's no quality, just that our kids probably aren't going to care about the guns we have as the life we live with our guns are far from interesting. So far.
    Okay sorry, I completely misunderstood your post.

User Tag List