Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 45 vs Sig P320

Glock 45 vs Sig P320

Looking for opinions on the Glock 45 9mm vs a Sig P320 X Compact and any noticeable differences in accuracy, performance, and reliability. Please don’t go down the road that it’s a Sig, don’t drop it...lol.

Wouldn’t the X Carry be a better comparison?

Regardless, both 320s and the Gen 5 Glocks are pretty well documented here. I doubt either would give you any problems. I would lean to the G45 myself but I’m pretty Glock-biased.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Runt1122 View Post
    Looking for opinions on the Glock 45 9mm vs a Sig P320 X Compact and any noticeable differences in accuracy, performance, and reliability. Please don’t go down the road that it’s a Sig, don’t drop it...lol.
    IMO, both guns shoot very differently. Is there a range you could rent both? I think it’d be pretty clear choice if you could.

PS: Don’t drop the Sig.

I have both, G45 and P320 carry. It's a toss up as to which one is better. I go back and forth on which one I like better. I did get an X series grip module for the P320 and it's more Glock like (grip angle) but again, not sure which one I like better. The G45 has never had a hiccup whereas my P320 did have failure to extract but Sig replaced the extractor assembly for free and no issues since.

Site Supporter
    I have zero input on the Sig, but my two G45’s are accurate and reliable. The new barrel on the G45 makes a difference in the pure mechanical accuracy of the Glock. The G45 carries flat in a JM Custom Custom 2.5, and conceals well under a properly fitting T-shirt.

It’s recoil impulse isn’t as soft as a HK P30, but it’s a flat shooter. It’s my favorite Glock flavor at the moment, and I prefer it over the 19 because of the grip length. Good luck in your search!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I don't trust SIG products so the glock.

For me. Switching to a P320 from a Glock 19x led to measurable improvements in my several of my drill times. It also indexes much more naturally. Accuracy is outstanding with both. I have had zero malfunctions with either, with the exception of when some old Fireclean turned to sludge and brought the 19x to a stop. One-handed shooting is much easier for me with the Sig, and I can reach and operate all of the control without breaking my firing grip with the small module or X-compact module installed.

None of that may matter to you, so you just about have to try it.

All of that aside, as a "bet my life on it" pistol, I am beginning break-in, zeroing, and vetting of a 19.5 MOS this evening. I will sacrifice a small but measurable performance gain for day-to-day confidence in my carry piece.

In short, I guess it depends on what you want it for. For a range or competition gun, pick the one you like the best after shooting. But for me, as a defensive gun, I will likely never stray from Glock or HK again.

I have both the P320 Carry (also certified Sig P320 armorer) and was just issued the Glock 45 at work. I only have about 900 rounds through the G45 but so far, it's checking all the boxes for me on duty as well as off duty.

My times across the board are faster with it compared to all my other platforms as well as some well ran G17.4s. Right out of the box, the G45 was a shooter whether it was slow fire bullseye, steel, or running around the range shooting fast.

When we transition at work, there is always a few issues that crop up during qualifications. So far, out of 400 plus copies, we had one with a bad rear Ameriglo sight that had to be replaced. One....out of 400 plus pistols.

Our cops aren't shooters but the G45 has received rave reviews and almost no gripes......which is shocking....because if cops aren't griping about something.....check their pulses.

I'm responsible for almost 40 P320s as part of an off duty venture and we have had parts failures and issues with our P320 carry models as well as a few x carrys. Some were obvious QC issues that Sig should have caught, some were magazine issues, we had a bad extractor, a bad take down lever, a bad RSA....I've kept a list and there's 9 pistols that had issues. Nothing major but issues nonetheless. At the armorer level, the worst part was sourcing parts as Sig wasn't exactly fast in replies nor the cheapest place on the net for OEM parts. My promised "armorer discount" sort of vaporized on my last call to them...even though my certification doesn't expire until next year.

None of that may matter to you as Sig seems to fix their pistols.

I also don't care for the bore axis height on the P320 but that's personal preference. If I were you, I'd rent or borrow both and run a few boxes of ammo through each and then go from there. Buy the one that fits you the best.

As far as accuracy, I get better 25 yard off hand groups on Glocks than I do on the P320. I haven't tried all the loads for it yet but the Glocks are just much easier for me to "all black" a B8 at that distance. So far, I haven't seen an improvement in groups with the gen 5 Glock "marksman" barrel but I do like the crown on the barrel. Maybe I need more time behind the sights or need to play around with better ammo. With it's .200 height Ameriglo Pro Glo sight, I do have to cover the bull with the dot so that may have something to do with not seeing tighter 25 and 50 yard groups. I hate that arrangement but that's not the gun's fault and I can't change it out due to it being a department issued weapon.

So for me it's the Glock 45. Between that, all the other Glocks, my son's VP9, my S&W M&P 2.0, 1911's and revolvers, I probably shoot the P320 the least of all of them. I still manage to run a case a year through it to stay proficient with it and I have some testing to do with it in 2020 so it'll see more use soon.

But that's just me.

Regards.

For me the X Compact isn't big enough to run like a service pistol even though it's as tall or taller than and heavier than the ones I usually carry. For it's size the grip is small.

Would be better with a 4"+ barrel and slightly longer grip like the Carry or Full size...or a G19/45, PPQ, P10C, VP9/P30, M&P, XD, etc.

Unless you really need a shorter slide keep in mind with 9mm pistols there is often a bigger velocity difference between a 3.5" barrel and 4" than between a 4" and 5.3". Service calibers aren't optimized for sub 4" barrels.

Shorter slides tend to be more touchy cycling due to ammo length/shape/charge, grip variation, lubrication and cleanliness, etc. while giving you less sight radius and a higher chance even the better jhp designs underperform when any clothing or other barrier is involved.

Basically they are only worth the squeeze if height and weight are also in the subcompact category or your bodytype really can't get comfortable with a 4" iwb.

For bigger models I would still go Austrian, German, or Czech.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I don't trust SIG products so the glock.
    #RESIST

User Tag List