Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Glock 45 vs Sig P320

• It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

I’ve got a G45 and a SIG 320 XCarry. Right now I’m at a total crossroads with them. I trust Glock more as a company but I can’t shoot the G45 near as well as I would like. I’d thought it was me, but every time I’ve had it I’ve also had a Gen 5 G17 along and got along very well with the G17. I’ve put some rounds on my 320 and I’m shooting it much better than the G45.

Every damn day I think about selling that 320. About the time I get it in my head I’m gonna do it, I shoot it again. I really do shoot that gun well. Then I start learning about magazine fiascos and whatever other bad press is out there on the 320 and I’m back in the mood to sell it again. If SIG would just stop being SIG, this would really be a no brainer for me.

I’ve actually got a Beretta APX Centurion on the way right now. I had a great experience with the full sized one I had and honestly wish I’d never let it go. If the Centurion works out like that full size did, I may just use the APX line for my striker fired 9mm handgun of choice and dump the SIG and the Glocks. If the APX ends up sucking (I doubt it as well as I liked the full sized one I had) I’ll be back to where I am now.

Get rid of the Sig and the 45 if you shoot the 17 better.

Those full size grip/compact barrel guns are goofy anyway.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I’ve got a G45 and a SIG 320 XCarry. Right now I’m at a total crossroads with them. I trust Glock more as a company but I can’t shoot the G45 near as well as I would like. I’d thought it was me, but every time I’ve had it I’ve also had a Gen 5 G17 along and got along very well with the G17. I’ve put some rounds on my 320 and I’m shooting it much better than the G45.

Every damn day I think about selling that 320. About the time I get it in my head I’m gonna do it, I shoot it again. I really do shoot that gun well. Then I start learning about magazine fiascos and whatever other bad press is out there on the 320 and I’m back in the mood to sell it again. If SIG would just stop being SIG, this would really be a no brainer for me.

I’ve actually got a Beretta APX Centurion on the way right now. I had a great experience with the full sized one I had and honestly wish I’d never let it go. If the Centurion works out like that full size did, I may just use the APX line for my striker fired 9mm handgun of choice and dump the SIG and the Glocks. If the APX ends up sucking (I doubt it as well as I liked the full sized one I had) I’ll be back to where I am now.

The G45 did not do for me what seems to be results for most here. If I end up going back to Gen 5s, I’ll go G17 or G19.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Get rid of the Sig and the 45 if you shoot the 17 better.

Those full size grip/compact barrel guns are goofy anyway.

I own a G45, and had a 19x, and a friend owns a 320 X carry.

After about 500 rounds, and less than 3 weeks of being carried IWB, the gun had light surface rust on the slide, the mag release button, slide release, and takedown lever had pitting. A few days after this was noticed, the magazine release assembly was rusted to the point of getting stuck in when activated, meaning a new magazine would not lock in place unless you pushed in the opposite side of the button.

He contacted sig about this, and they said because of where we live (Texas Gulf coast), and due to the Ph levels in sweat, there was no issue with the gun, but if he paid shipping and a service fee, they would "take a look at it"

I know Glocks can and will rust, but none of mine have had any issues like his sig has had, and I've got much higher round counts and general wear on my guns

Quote Originally Posted by Zman001 View Post
    I own a G45, and had a 19x, and a friend owns a 320 X carry.

After about 500 rounds, and less than 3 weeks of being carried IWB, the gun had light surface rust on the slide, the mag release button, slide release, and takedown lever had pitting. A few days after this was noticed, the magazine release assembly was rusted to the point of getting stuck in when activated, meaning a new magazine would not lock in place unless you pushed in the opposite side of the button.

He contacted sig about this, and they said because of where we live (Texas Gulf coast), and due to the Ph levels in sweat, there was no issue with the gun, but if he paid shipping and a service fee, they would "take a look at it"

I know Glocks can and will rust, but none of mine have had any issues like his sig has had, and I've got much higher round counts and general wear on my guns
    While I am no Sig apologist - I got burned with a safe full of 320's in dropgate and I do not recommend them to anyone - I'd say Glock has spoiled us in this regard. Metal rusts when exposed to moisture, including stainless steel. Glocks just don't have as much exposed metal (the mag button is plastic) and the metal they do use has fantastic corrosion resistance (or rather the treatment they use has fantastic corrosion resistance).

My 320s will also develop rust on the mag button and takedown lever after riding against my skin in South Mississippi, though I have yet to see any on the slide. I periodically have to remove the mag button from the grip module and wipe it down. I had one completely frozen because of rust, but the surface rust cleaned off with oil and the button is back in use on a practice gun. I had to do that even more frequently back when I was issued a 1990's vintage p-series Sig. If you looked at those guns with moisture in your eyes they would develop surface rust. It is just part of the game. If you make the part out of metal, it will need to be wiped down and treated with oil regularly.

HK kills it with corrosion resistance, too. I don't think I've ever seen rust on any HK I've owned. Nothing else comes close to HK and Glock in my experience.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zman001 View Post
    Several of ours did that as well. It was a healthy mix of OWB carry and IWB carry.

I pulled them all in, disassembled the mag releases, and treated them with Eezox. To date, we haven't had any more issues. Several of the guys brought me their P365s to treat while I was at it.

One guy was carrying AIWB in a kydex rig and his P320 was a horrid mess. I had to replace his magazine release/catch completely as I no longer trusted it.

If you shoot the 17 best, then stay with it. I have a few 320's and I still carry Glocks for duty. Hurricane Harvey gave me some good insight on different platforms, and being exposed to rain, mud, dirt, you name it. Here in our city, we waded in water up to our chest daily for almost 2 weeks.

The first ones to develop issues, were the two guys that were carrying XD's. Just about every part on the guns rusted, except the slides. That was with cleaning and wiping them down daily. Each day they rusted.

Next was the 320's. Again the sights, mag release, guide rods, and triggers developed rust in them. Again cleaning regularly and keeping them oiled and wiped down when possible.

Next was the two 1911 guys. One stainless, the other Black oxide. Surprisingly, the oxide one suffered very minor surface rusting, that wiped off easily. The stainless had rusting on the mag release, and sights.

Lastly was the Glocks. One developed rust on the rear sight, Hienie sights, and rust on the pin that held the polymer trigger on the trigger bar. No problem cleaning it up.

One of the others got a slight amount of rusting on the mag release spring. Again it wiped away.

The other Glocks had zero issues, no rust, nada.

Just for poops and grins, I purposely carried one of my 4th Gens for a week before I cleaned it at all. I did take it down, each night to make sure there were no obstructions, or debris in the pistol after being underwater that day. I also carried a second on in my unit high and dry in the event something popped up with my pistol. After a week, I had one small rust spot develop on the same pin that holds the polymer trigger. Nothing else anywhere, and this was a 4th Gen FS 19, with the crappy finish.

I'm not saying they are perfect, but my experience is that Glocks finish general holds up pretty darn well, especially with minor maintenance.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    While I am no Sig apologist - I got burned with a safe full of 320's in dropgate and I do not recommend them to anyone - I'd say Glock has spoiled us in this regard. Metal rusts when exposed to moisture, including stainless steel. Glocks just don't have as much exposed metal (the mag button is plastic) and the metal they do use has fantastic corrosion resistance (or rather the treatment they use has fantastic corrosion resistance).

My 320s will also develop rust on the mag button and takedown lever after riding against my skin in South Mississippi, though I have yet to see any on the slide. I periodically have to remove the mag button from the grip module and wipe it down. I had one completely frozen because of rust, but the surface rust cleaned off with oil and the button is back in use on a practice gun. I had to do that even more frequently back when I was issued a 1990's vintage p-series Sig. If you looked at those guns with moisture in your eyes they would develop surface rust. It is just part of the game. If you make the part out of metal, it will need to be wiped down and treated with oil regularly.

HK kills it with corrosion resistance, too. I don't think I've ever seen rust on any HK I've owned. Nothing else comes close to HK and Glock in my experience.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

A good point, but i have walthers, s&w's, SAI's, and Berettas that have held up better.

Despite being constantly in contact with a rusty part, the mec-gar mags have zero rust, and they are blued.

I want to like sig, they have some neat ideas, but their execution is, dare i say, on par with Taurus. If it were some light surface rust, no big deal, but the mag button sticking open is about as close to an automatic disqualification for a carry gun

User Tag List