Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Criminal Gun Possession in Philadelphia

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    You used to be polite and helpful. What happened?
    I just asked a question - was it confrontational? Mildly. But, look at 0ddlot’s reply after yours. Do you objectively believe what he poses is common place?

I mean what do you think of his accusing sanctuary cities for permitting this?

I thought I was reasonably respectful, but also direct.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Unless you have never broken any law - a virtual impossibility - you could be someone else's definition of a prohibited person too.

Tell me, why should a conviction for lying about your income on a mortgage application forever ban you from owning a single shot hunting rifle? Or writing bad checks? Or a college-prank vandalism that exceeded $250 (the felony threshold in that state)?
    No, they shouldn’t, which is why those people can usually petition to have their 2A prohibition rescinded.

This is completely different. What this is about is criminals carrying guns, breaking a law, not being prosecuted. This is misguided CJ reform, appealing to the idea that if we don’t charge habitual offenders in blighted communities that it will “break the chain” and they somehow will become productive citizens. This has nothing to do with respecting the 2nd Amendment or any concern about a persons civil rights.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I just asked a question - was it confrontational? Mildly. But, look at 0ddlot’s reply after yours. Do you objectively believe what he poses is common place?

I mean what do you think of his accusing sanctuary cities for permitting this?

I thought I was reasonably respectful, but also direct.

His reply was quite reasonable. Life outside the ‘gun guy’ bubble is less cut and dried than it might seem.

User Tag List