Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I don't think you'll see that happen.
    You guys crush an old man's hopes . . . ;~)

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    You guys crush an old man's hopes . . . ;~)
    Yeah...I know a guy that bought two of these and and they would not cycle standard velocity ammo after switching to a rear sight that weighed one third of an ounce more than the factory sight.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    Yeah...I know a guy that bought two of these and and they would not cycle standard velocity ammo after switching to a rear sight that weighed one third of an ounce more than the factory sight.
    Which rear sight did he add and which ammo was he using?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Bulk pack rimfire from the bigs is no better than "okay" ammo. Nice if a gun runs it, and many do, but I don't expect it.
    Well, since Glock claimed that it did and that it would....I do expect it !

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    This gun usually functions virtually 100% with high-velocity .22 ammo. On the first of the above trips, it wasn't, hardly ejecting any of the rounds, so I looked a bit more closely at the box. It was subsonic suppressor ammo. Interestingly, that ammo works well in my "squirrel guy", a Ruger .22/.45 with suppressor mounted.
    My experience with suppressed rimfires is that rounds that will not properly cycle without the suppressor often will cycle with the suppressor. I am not sure if the extra gas pressure is the reason, but it works.

Another round I like to use with any .22 LR auto is the Gemtech Subsonic ammo; it uses a 42-grain LRN and is loaded by CCI. It has run in just about every firearm, suppressed or not, I have tried and is great on small game.

So there have been a few reports now...very useful, thanks.

Relative to the ‘feel’ of a Gen 4 or Gen 5 Glock 19, how close would you say the Glock 44 trigger press is?

Maybe on a 1 (nothing like a 19) to 10 (can’t tell the difference) scale?

Obviously this is not a question on recoil. Trying to get an idea of how useful a G44 would be as a “live fire training aid”, I guess I would call it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Relative to the ‘feel’ of a Gen 4 or Gen 5 Glock 19, how close would you say the Glock 44 trigger press is?
    Based on n=1, and with just a very few pulls, a G44 I tried at a local shop is considerably heavier, or at least felt that way. Caveats: I'd just been shooting a G19.5 with an Apex D/C trigger, and at least a couple of thousand rounds through it. The G44 felt the same dimensionally, but with its lighter weight and newish (heavy) trigger. Hate to try and quantify it, but I'd say a 5 or less. If the pull was a bit lighter/smoother, and other than the overall weight difference, they'd be close, i.e., a pretty good trainer in .22.

And I just got an email in the last day or two that Apex was offering triggers for the G44. Found it, saying: "When properly installed and lubricated, the kit will give you an approx. pull weight in the range of 5.5 to 6.0 lbs., which is due to the heavier striker spring in the .22 caliber model."

My 19.5 with the Apex trigger reads about 4.5 lbs on my Lyman scale, but I think it consistently reads about 0.5 - 1.0 lbs light.

Going back to my earlier post, I'd be all over a G44, if I could red dot it like my G19. But Wayne burst my bubble . . .

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    My experience with suppressed rimfires is that rounds that will not properly cycle without the suppressor often will cycle with the suppressor. I am not sure if the extra gas pressure is the reason, but it works.

Another round I like to use with any .22 LR auto is the Gemtech Subsonic ammo; it uses a 42-grain LRN and is loaded by CCI. It has run in just about every firearm, suppressed or not, I have tried and is great on small game.
    Thanks very much!

Well i'm pushing 8,000 rds on my new G44 between myself, wife and daughter training, testing and just having some plain old fun. Have run everything I could get my hands on including federal, winchester and remington bulkpack, 36 and 40gr mini mags and stingers.

My personal 44 tends to print between 2-5 inches high depending on range, have benched it at 20 yds and seems to shoot more point of aim with rem golden bullets and 40gr mini mags. Reliability wise mine has been absolutely phenomenal. Day of purchase we ran a brick of Fed 36gr hp, had a couple malfunctions which I found were attributed to the magazine. I figured out if you smack the back of the mag a couple times in the palm of your hand seems to settle things in for better reliability, definitely hope this gets some attention as well as some higher capacity mags soon. After the first range session of a little over 600 rds brought the 44 home and stripped and lubed the 44 with slip2000ewl and haven't cleaned it since as I was curious as to what this thing was capable of.

I have lubricated the pistol aprrox. every 1000-1,500 rds with slip, but am going for the 10,000 rd mark by the end of the month. I do think that for once I have been blessed with getting a good gun at launch as I usually end up with getting the lemon in the bunch. I will try and keep everyone posted on the ongoing test on the pistol and mags during the test. I am only using 2 dedicated mags for the range and managed to pick up 4 extra in case one fails.

On a side note the Winchester bulk pack stuff has been horrendous as far as the amount of bad rds per brick, tried both the lead and copper coat, and I know I will NOT be buying anymore of that ammo unless it is the only thing on the shelf, averaging around 2-6 rds per 100 that are just dud rounds. I have had great success with the Rem 36gr golden bullet in the bulk buckets of 1,400, have shot 3 of these buckets so far and haven't had a single bad round.

44 range ammo

Name:  g44 range day 1.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  40.4 KB

User Tag List