Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Are people shooting CCI Standard with their G44s? How does it like them?
    IIRC, the one my MIL claimed shot them accurately, but didn’t get enough energy from them to cycle reliably. Of course, I could be confusing the CCI Quiet for the Standard in my memory bank. Been a while since I shot either through it, and haven’t shot either through the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    Are people shooting CCI Standard with their G44s? How does it like them?
    We haven't used CCI Standard, these are the bulk packs we've used with no problems:

Browning 40gr LRN Blackened 1255fps (Bulk packs at Cabela's and a LGS)

CCI MiniMag Troy Landry Choot Em! 36gr copper plated HP, 1260fps (300 round bulk packs)

Remington Golden Bullet 36gr copper plated HP, 1280fps (525 round bulk packs)

I list these and the velocities because they are all about 185 - 200fps faster than the CCI Standard 40gr @ 1070.

I'd stay with stuff above 1200fps, although this guy tested the CCI Standard among other ammo in the G44 and did not mention problems with that round:

https://gear-report.com/glock-g44-22...-round-review/
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Most of the malfunctioning I’ve experienced with the G44 are from underpowered rounds not cycling the slide hard enough to eject the fired case and pick up a fresh shell.
    Almost all the malfunctions I’ve had were recognizable as having a noticeably quieter report.

I haven’t tried the CCI standard velocity but I think you want to stick with the most potent high velocity ammunition for any reliable function in these guns.

Mine has had no problems with CCI SV or Blazer. Federal bulk pack has a few misfires but when they go off they cycle fine. Stingers worked fine too I think but Eley subsonic of course did not. REM golden bullets worked as well but I didn’t shoot a ton of them. Oh and Winchester power points ran fine too.

Not real picky as long as you load the mag right.

I should clarify that high velocity .22 LR does function my G44 properly
    Underpowered rounds from inconsistent batches of some brands of bulk pack ammo will cause malfunctions.
    I went through 1000rds of Aguila Super Extra HV without a single malfunction.
    One batch # of Federal bulk pack had only one malfunction in 525 rounds (dead primer)
    The next batch # of Federal I could hardly get through a single magazine without a failure.
    The Winchester M22 I shot this summer was the same inconsistency in power.
    Remington golden bullet same thing.
    I’ve heard Blazer is quite good but it’s prices are high in my area.
    Underpowered rounds are the culprit not the loading itself. Seems like bulk pack ammo is in a race for the bottom of quality control.

Got to go out and test fire my new Nelson slide. It ran great w OEM mag using the Super Extra copper jacketed, but not with the lead Super Extra. No bueno w the Federal and the OEM mag. But the Federal, lead Super Extra and the Wildcat all ran when using a ProMag 18 rounder loaded w 10-11 rounds. Ran w the Thunderbolt w both mags.

Name:  ADB93D18-8F09-498E-98A4-B910266110D1.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  74.9 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

What are the latest reports on the Glock 44? I've been itching to get one. There seems to be a few on Gunbroker but none at the local places.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Got to go out and test fire my new Nelson slide. It ran great w OEM mag using the Super Extra copper jacketed, but not with the lead Super Extra. No bueno w the Federal and the OEM mag. But the Federal, lead Super Extra and the Wildcat all ran when using a ProMag 18 rounder loaded w 10-11 rounds. Ran w the Thunderbolt w both mags.

Name:  ADB93D18-8F09-498E-98A4-B910266110D1.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  74.9 KB
    I have just about 1k rounds on my 44x slide with an RMR mounted. Mine only works with high velocity ammo. I kind of expected this due to the added weight of the RMR. It is great to shoot. Focusing on the dot I do not even notice that it is only a .22.

That being said I would not recommend the 44x. I have had problems with mine and emailed Nelson and did not receive a reply. The slides were originally supposed to ship in May and did not ship until the middle of November. There were not a lot of updates letting customers (that pre-paid) what was going on.

There is a Glock 44x thread over on Glock Talk. I would suggest anyone interested pop in over there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    What are the latest reports on the Glock 44? I've been itching to get one. There seems to be a few on Gunbroker but none at the local places.
    I got my first one in the first shipment my LGS received when they came out. I quite enjoyed it until my MIL claimed it. I got my second one in October last year. I don’t have nearly the number of rounds through it as I did the first, but it seems a good one. The LGS hadn’t gotten any in for a while, so I ordered it from an online store.

My Nelson 44 runs like a champ on CCI Mini-Mags, which is a good thing because I have probably 10k of them I bought during a Cabelas grand opening many years ago.
    Yea, they were slow and didn't give many updates during the roll out but every company was a shitshow during the clown world that the past two years have been.
    For me the actual product has been awesome.

Name:  44mrds.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  48.9 KB
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List