Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I thought when you said "landed" you meant with shipping. Shipping costs double the unit cost and that makes it over 6 cents per round.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HJB View Post
    I thought when you said "landed" you meant with shipping. Shipping costs double the unit cost and that makes it over 6 cents per round.

Thanks.
    If you buy a case, shipping is included. It is $179.90 delivered for 5,000 rounds or $0.036 per round.

Banned
    If you buy a case, shipping is included. It is $179.90 delivered for 5,000 rounds or $0.036 per round.
    Thanks, but I don't want to buy that much until I have had a chance to give it a try. I will probably just go to Academy and buy a couple of hundred rounds to give it a try when I get my S&W 22 back and try it out before I would go off and buy 5000 rounds.

Thanks for the information. I have bought 9mm from that sight before so I am familiar with them. Thanks again.

I already have 5k of these on hand and just picked up my G44.
    They run great in a variety of my rimfires.
    Hoping to run some this weekend through G44 & LCP 22. Will report back.

Thanks, but I don't want to buy that much until I have had a chance to give it a try. I will probably just go to Academy and buy a couple of hundred rounds to give it a try when I get my S&W 22 back and try it out before I would go off and buy 5000 rounds.

Thanks for the information. I have bought 9mm from that sight before so I am familiar with them. Thanks again.
    If you have a shooting buddy or two, splitting a case is a great way to try new lots and new loads. I often split cases of ammo with a buddy. $90 for five bricks is a good deal if you split with one other person.

I do agree about buying a few fifty-round boxes before springing for a case. I was first exposed to Aguila Super Extra after Sandy Hook as the LGS got some. I bought a brick, liked it, and stared buying cases.

Banned
    If you have a shooting buddy or two, splitting a case is a great way to try new lots and new loads. I often split cases of ammo with a buddy. $90 for five bricks is a good deal if you split with one other person.

I do agree about buying a few fifty-round boxes before springing for a case. I was first exposed to Aguila Super Extra after Sandy Hook as the LGS got some. I bought a brick, liked it, and stared buying cases.
    I don't have a problem buying a case if I know it will shoot, but that is exactly the problem I was having with my 22 pistol, so I sent it back to S&W last week.

I just on-line ordered some from Academy for pick up and funny because they only have 2 boxes available at the store, so I just ordered them to give them a try. They also have a 40 grain lead tip version for the same price. You ever give that a try ?

Thanks

I don't have a problem buying a case if I know it will shoot, but that is exactly the problem I was having with my 22 pistol, so I sent it back to S&W last week.

I just on-line ordered some from Academy for pick up and funny because they only have 2 boxes available at the store, so I just ordered them to give them a try. They also have a 40 grain lead tip version for the same price. You ever give that a try ?

Thanks
    I have tried an Aguila Super Extra 40-grain lead (no copper wash; wax lube) standard-velocity round. It is decent plinking ammo in pistols. Another budget round worth a try is the Armscor 36-grain high-velocity HP.

Banned
    I have tried an Aguila Super Extra 40-grain lead (no copper wash; wax lube) standard-velocity round. It is decent plinking ammo in pistols. Another budget round worth a try is the Armscor 36-grain high-velocity HP.
    OK thanks again. I expect my 22 pistol to probably be gone for a month or so to S&W. They say expect 4-6 weeks. I'm interested to see what they find and what they fix, if anything and then will start again down the ammo journey. But, I will definitely try the Aguila Super Extra that I have bought and if that will fire reliably, I will gladly buy a brick from TargetSports.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    I already have 5k of these on hand and just picked up my G44.
    They run great in a variety of my rimfires.
    Hoping to run some this weekend through G44 & LCP 22. Will report back.
    Thanks and looking forward to hearing back on how the G44 shoots and what your impressions are of it. Someone said on this or another forum that it felt "cheap" Maybe because it is so light with the plastic slide ?

Have you seen the videos of the "kaboom" on utube of a new G44 recently ? I sure would like to hear someone from Glock address that problem.

Anybody know if a red dot can be mounted on the G44's aluminum/polymer/whatever it's made of slide?

I'd sure like to duplicate, as far as possible, the size/dimensions/feel of a dot-mounted G19.

Thanks!

User Tag List