Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I have been waiting a few months as well. According to their Instagram page, all of the ordered slides are completed, and are now going to be anodized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, I should have waited - I emailed them this weekend and really probably should have waited until close of business today before I posted.

This is the response I got:

We are assembling the slides now and will begin shipping out by the end of September with every pre-ordered slide sent out by the end of October.

Thank you for being so patient with us.

Jon Nelson
    Nelson Precision Manufacturing

I'm okay with that.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by HJB View Post
    I have been shooting my Glock 44 for almost a year now and with a variety of different bulk ammo as I could find it. I never had any issues with any ammo and I'm very pleased with the gun.

I did find some Federal Automatch ammo at Walmart a few weeks ago for about 5.5 cents a round so I bought a thousand round (actually 975 rounds) because they have a 3 box limit. I've shot a good bit of Federal Champion through the gun and never had a problem.

But, suddenly I find this Automatch ammo to be very inconsistent. In the first box almost like a drumbeat, every other round failed to eject and feed the next round. I could tell it was going to do it too because I could feel and hear the difference in the shot as I was firing it. Oddly it seemed so consistently to be ever other round or every third round. But all of a sudden as I got into the second box, I would fire all 10 rounds in a mag with zero malfunctions, so I assumed the gun was getting used to that ammo and just forgot about the problem.

Now I get the third box out and now it is back to the same issue with at least 2 or 3 of 10 rounds with a weak fire and failure to feed the next round, or if the last round, it fails to lock back the slide.

Really surprised how inconsistent ammo is from Federal, especially on ammo that the box says is made especially for semi-auto pistols.

Anyone else shooting that ammo ? Do you have the same or similar problems ?
    I have a 2 month old G44. At first it shot well with CCI, had a few problems with Winchester White box and had multiple issues with Fed Automatch. Things were worse using the Promag 18 round mags. But I switched to a diet of only CCI and occasional WWB for a couple of hundred rounds. I also didn't load the Promags with more than 16 or 17 rounds. Then I started using more of the "bad" rounds and things got better. Now I've had over 200 rounds of only WWB, Fed Automatch, and even Thunderbolts with zero issues. Even in the Promags. So I'm very happy with the G44 and it is now the gun I feel most comfortable with even though I love my CZ and Glock 45.

After reading all 28 pages here and everything else I could find to read I bought a 44 this morning. I could use several reasons to justify and all are legit. I enjoy shooting 22 and with ammo cost being what they are its returned some fun to shooting. I carry a 19 and the 44 is close enough to count. The dealer didn't have a LCRx in 3" 22lr and I'm glad he didn't. The only reason that matters. When I got home I grabbed my son and some other 22's and we headed to the range. The kid grouped a pattern on the target and had a huge smile. We both enjoyed the 44. I would say we ran a couple hundred rounds through and it ate everything we tried.

The local range had a demo day with samples from Glock and others.
    I shot the G44 and liked it a lot better than I thought I would, about like my Plastic M&P .22 Compact.
    I mentioned that to a friend and she called in and had them hold one for her at the demo day discount, $100 off list.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    So with Nelson slides hard to come by, Some ARFCOM users have reported the Geissele 6 second mount works on the G44 and solves the plastic / lightweight slide issue since the optic isn't on the slide.

I've seen users in another internet group using a Dovetail mount with the Sig Romeo zero since it's very light weight due to the polymer optic body.

I just finished 1000rds of Aguila Super Extra copper washed RN
    Not a single malfunction in the G44!
    Accurate, consistent and reliable ammunition.
    I’m really impressed and will be buying another 2000rd case as soon as the prices come down.

What’s the consensus on appropriate sights for these at this point? I need to really set the time aside for it but ever since I tried throwing Ameriglo Agent sights on, I do not feel like I’ve been able to shoot mine well.

Site Supporter
    I am using an Ameriglo black front that is 0.165" tall and 0.115" wide with a plastic fixed Glock rear in the 6.5 mm height with the white box blacked out with a sharpie. This gives me a 6:00 hold at 25 yards.

Another member suggested essentially the same combination in this thread, but I think he is using the original Glock adjustable sight.

Site Supporter
    I’m using a Dawson fiber front and the original adjustable rear. I don’t feel like, with the variability between .22LR loads, it’s best to go with a fixed rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What’s the consensus on appropriate sights for these at this point? I need to really set the time aside for it but ever since I tried throwing Ameriglo Agent sights on, I do not feel like I’ve been able to shoot mine well.

I use a defoor front with the stock rear with the goal post sharpie’d out.

User Tag List