Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

Forgot to mention but I have been shooting Aguila Super Extra almost exclusively and it is amazing for 3.5 cents a round delivered. Next range trip I may run my Surefire X300 and SLR Magwell to see if the weight of the light effects reliability or not and helps with feeling more like a "real" gun.

Quote Originally Posted by AJLooch View Post
    Forgot to mention but I have been shooting Aguila Super Extra almost exclusively and it is amazing for 3.5 cents a round delivered. Next range trip I may run my Surefire X300 and SLR Magwell to see if the weight of the light effects reliability or not and helps with feeling more like a "real" gun.
    Aguila Super Extra is the best kept secret in 22LR ammo. Accurate, reliable and cheap compared to CCI MiniMags. I have shot thousands of rounds and consider it a great alternative to MiniMag. When I test a new 22 with HV ammo, the first two rounds I test are MiniMags and Super Extra.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I installed a Glock OEM .200 x .140 front sight. This is five rounds at 12 and five at 22 yards.

Name:  5FE02E14-EFB9-4868-BB71-EDD341782F16.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  30.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In terms of what is the Glock 44 for, based on my shooting yesterday and today, I believe it is accurate enough to practice shooting B8’s at 25 yards. Since I primarily practice with a red dot, I have started to work the 44 in at the end of my practice sessions to work on iron sight refam. Doesn’t hurt my hands, inexpensive to feed, and fun.

That 22 plinkster guy on youtube already had a G44 kaboom.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mmfanboy View Post
    That 22 plinkster guy on youtube already had a G44 kaboom.
    According to the guy that runs MilitaryArmsChannel, there are at least 4 independent reports of G44 either losing their extractor or having out of battery explosions or both. Also on his Instagram he posted something about significant wear on the striker sleeve (induced by the striker itself) after only about 3000 rounds.
    Last edited by javemtr; 01-30-2020 at 03:01 AM.

I view it as a training tool not an heirloom purchase. Assuming nobody is getting hurt, I am not too concerned, as I am confident that Glock will fix or replace a broken 44. It is not like I haven’t broken a few red dots training.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AJLooch View Post
    What is the source to get Aguila Super Extra for 3.5 cents a round please ?

I would definitely like to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by HJB View Post
    What is the source to get Aguila Super Extra for 3.5 cents a round please ?

I would definitely like to give it a try.
    Here it is for $0.036 per round. https://www.targetsportsusa.com/agui...28-p-3436.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
    According to the guy that runs MilitaryArmsChannel, there are at least 4 independent reports of G44 either losing their extractor or having out of battery explosions or both. Also on his Instagram he posted something about significant wear on the striker sleeve (induced by the striker itself) after only about 3000 rounds.
    Mine is at my LGS waiting for me to return from a trip. The reports of issues are not encouraging, especially as I already have two Advantage Arms kits, one for a G17.3 and one for a G17.4, that have many more rounds through them with no issues. I also have one for a Springfield XDM. It is not unusual for a brick of ammo to go through one of these in a weekend, especially if a bunch of shooting buddies get together.

User Tag List