Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

Got my G44 last week. Put 400-500 rounds of a blend of mixed crap that ranged from Eley/Federal match to ancient Winchester and it fed most with no problems(only 6-10 malfunctions all attributed to crappy Winchester ammo from the 90s-some of this was just mixed in a ziplock bag from god knows when). Very accurate and giggly fun to shoot. By the end of the session I could shoot out the middle of a 1" square dot at 5 yards without much problem with only a few flyers that were wholly my fault. The malfunctions were actually very welcome as this is my 12 year olds first handgun and he learned to tap rack during this session. I even shot a 90 on a B8 at 25 with it! Definitely worth the $$$$!

As a side note I also found a cherry old 4" S&W pin-barrel Model 17 22LR at a pawn shop for a very good price. I never realized that the perfect combo for plinking is a rimfire revolver and a semi as if the ammo you buy wont run in the semi you have the revolver to fall back on. The S&W is silly accurate by the way. I was shooting the staples off the target at 4-5 yards...god its fun to shoot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    Got my G44 last week. Put 400-500 rounds of a blend of mixed crap that ranged from Eley/Federal match to ancient Winchester and it fed most with no problems(only 6-10 malfunctions all attributed to crappy Winchester ammo from the 90s-some of this was just mixed in a ziplock bag from god knows when). Very accurate and giggly fun to shoot. By the end of the session I could shoot out the middle of a 1" square dot at 5 yards without much problem with only a few flyers that were wholly my fault. The malfunctions were actually very welcome as this is my 12 year olds first handgun and he learned to tap rack during this session. I even shot a 90 on a B8 at 25 with it! Definitely worth the $$$$!

As a side note I also found a cherry old 4" S&W pin-barrel Model 17 22LR at a pawn shop for a very good price. I never realized that the perfect combo for plinking is a rimfire revolver and a semi as if the ammo you buy wont run in the semi you have the revolver to fall back on. The S&W is silly accurate by the way. I was shooting the staples off the target at 4-5 yards...god its fun to shoot.
    I am seriously eyeing one of these.
    Will save wear and tear on my back picking up brass to reload or to sell for scrap eventually when the price improves;
    The Bride might actually try this one.
    I have been unsuccessful in getting her to the range to try and sort of self loading pistol.

Mine arrived by courier this afternoon.
    First impressions are it is crazy lightweight. It still handles just like my Glock 19. It seems to hold as stable in spite of it’s ridiculous lack of mass.
    I could really see sticking this in a hiking pack and forgetting that it was there. (If I was in a free country)

I hope mine shoots to the same POA as my G19 and G48. It would suck to have to mess with sights right off the bat.

Unfortunately I can’t go and shoot it until I get the paperwork from the firearms centre.

I’ll post round count and brands when I get to the range.

Bought one last week. My son and law and I put 200 rounds of bulk pack 38 grain federal through it last weekend. Had one failure to fire and one failure to feed. The failure to feed didn’t even strip the round out of the magazine so I’m not sure what to think about that. I don’t remember which one of us was shooting it when it happened. I didn’t think to look at or try the failure to fire round again.

It’s an absolute blast to shoot. We both shot Finding Your Level multiple times. Also lots of plate rack runs. It might be the most fun to shoot 22 I’ve ever owned. Can’t wait to let my 22 and 18 year old daughters shoot it.

I sold off a 22/45 that I was thoroughly frustrated with. Couldn’t keep it running, magazines suck for kids to load, and it was notorious for pinching hands and fingers. The G44 is like the easy button of 22s. Very user friendly.

I kinda want a 43x or 48 size model now.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    Bought one last week. My son and law and I put 200 rounds of bulk pack 38 grain federal through it last weekend. Had one failure to fire and one failure to feed. The failure to feed didn’t even strip the round out of the magazine so I’m not sure what to think about that. I don’t remember which one of us was shooting it when it happened. I didn’t think to look at or try the failure to fire round again.

It’s an absolute blast to shoot. We both shot Finding Your Level multiple times. Also lots of plate rack runs. It might be the most fun to shoot 22 I’ve ever owned. Can’t wait to let my 22 and 18 year old daughters shoot it.

I sold off a 22/45 that I was thoroughly frustrated with. Couldn’t keep it running, magazines suck for kids to load, and it was notorious for pinching hands and fingers. The G44 is like the easy button of 22s. Very user friendly.

I kinda want a 43x or 48 size model now.
    I sold off a 6 7/8 Ruger target gun years ago because I never could get the damn thing apart for a proper cleaning.
    It would shoot quarter size groups off a car hood rest at 25 yards all day long.

We got absolutely dumped on with snow the last week but I still got my boots on and trekked into the range to try the 44.

I only shot 50rds of Federal Champion 36gr CPHP. Flawless function.

It shot a little high but once I figured out the 6 o’clock hold I was hitting the 6 inch plates on the dueling tree 8/10 times from 25yds. That’s pretty darn good for a gun I never shot before although I do have a ton of flick trigger time. I guess that’s the benefit of this model is the cross training.

Personally I really like this gun. It’s accurate and it fed the cheap bulk pack just fine. I’ll try some thunderbolts and some Winchester 555 next time I’m out. Now if this snow would just melt...,..

I'm only at most of a 550-round carton through mine (probably ~450), but one semi-persistent issue I've encountered has been light strikes. I'm using Winchester M-22 and have had four light strikes (round detonated on second strike) and one dud round (would not detonate after three strikes). I've had no feeding issues or failures to extract/eject. Wondering if it's the ammo -- the hits on the light strike rounds don't look any different than the ones which fired on the first strike. Figure I'll try some different ammo whenever I get around to buying more .22LR.

In any event, I'm not overly concerned about a 1/100 failure rate. This is a ballistic dry fire tool for me. Apart from the above I've been quite happy with the pistol, though I want to figure out a way to mount a red dot.

I put another 150 rounds through mine today.
    The first 50 were federal classic 36gr cphp no malfunctions.
    The next 100 were alternating magazines of Remington thunderbolt 40gr lead RN (flawless function) and Winchester 555 36gr cphp
    I had a couple of malfunctions with the Winchester. One was a failure to feed. 3d round in magazine. It was a real soft ejection prior and actually ejected left instead of right. The trigger went dead. And when I cycled the slide it hadn’t picked up the next round. I think it was a weak charge.
    The second was a failure to fire. It fired when reloaded and cycled again. Looked like a strong hit with the pin the first time. This is a pretty common issue with inconsistent priming compound around the rim.
    I think both malfunctions were ammunition related.
    I thought the malfunctions would be with the thunderbolts as it jams my revolver up with fouling and lead shavings very quickly. The Thunderbolts surprisingly worked fine in the Glock.
    The Winchester bulk pack was more accurate but malfunctioned twice in only 50rds.
    I’m quite happy with the Glocks reliability and attribute it’s malfunctions to this one brand (or lot) of ammunition the Winchester bulk pack 36gr cphp.
    I managed to adjust the rear sight down to where it’s zeroed at 20yds with high velocity ammunition. It is bottomed out though.
    I cleaned the gun after this 150rds and will clean it every 100rds from this point on as I think that is appropriate for how filthy a rimfire gets.
    Last edited by diananike; 04-25-2020 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I'm only at most of a 550-round carton through mine (probably ~450), but one semi-persistent issue I've encountered has been light strikes. I'm using Winchester M-22 and have had four light strikes (round detonated on second strike) and one dud round (would not detonate after three strikes). I've had no feeding issues or failures to extract/eject. Wondering if it's the ammo -- the hits on the light strike rounds don't look any different than the ones which fired on the first strike. Figure I'll try some different ammo whenever I get around to buying more .22LR.

In any event, I'm not overly concerned about a 1/100 failure rate. This is a ballistic dry fire tool for me. Apart from the above I've been quite happy with the pistol, though I want to figure out a way to mount a red dot.
    I have a few duds with Federal 550 pack ammo but I don't think it's light strikes.

just bargain ammo. Still loving the pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    I have a few duds with Federal 550 pack ammo but I don't think it's light strikes.
    Still loving the pistol.
    I am also loving mine
    Its a must have for Glockophiles
    And a perfect training compliment to other glock pistols
    the hybrid plastic slide construction is super cool
    I was apprehensive after seeing the poor reviews on youtube but I think that might have been early production and they got the kinks worked out by the time they shipped up here to Canada

User Tag List