Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

I did manage to get a target showing the accuracy I achieved with my particular 44 but it is from a couple weeks ago and I have to get it uploaded and my wife left it in my daughters jeep, as soon as I get it from her I will get it uploaded, be safe and hope this sheds some light on the G44 questions, I do know some others have had verifiable issues, but I feel I got an exceptional one and absolutely love this this for practicing reps on draws, reloads and trigger press.

Thanks everyone.

About 2k through my G44. Mostly Aguila copper plated HV. It likes the Mexican minimags for sure. Had a few teething pains early on but it’s very reliable now. Definitely a keeper!

How does the G44 work for folks with small hands? I was thinking of a M&P22 Compact for the new/small shooters role, but now I'm wondering.....

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    How does the G44 work for folks with small hands? I was thinking of a M&P22 Compact for the new/small shooters role, but now I'm wondering.....
    My G19’s, Gen3 & gen4 got flat triggers that I love! I threw one on the G44 but it really isn’t needed, and I have medium size glove paws. 🐾

Site Supporter

If you are uncomfortable with a regular G19 grip, you will be uncomfortable with the 44. I love mine, but I had to adjust the sight to the end of the adjustment in the rear sight and then drift the rear sight in the dove tail. With my size hands - I always shoot Glocks low and left- and at 65 years old- I'll never train out of it.

At 700-800 rounds of CCI mini mags, I've had only FTF and that was because I inadvertently released the mag and didn't notice.

I'm truly happy to be a beta tester in this instance.

Long-term, I'm wondering if an aluminum slide like the S&W or the Beretta has would be more better...

Site Supporter

Glock 44

Back about 1982 or so I started accumulating .22 conversion units or .22 cal equivalents of my various guns to allow me to practice for cheap. My normal practice has been to shoot about 1000 rounds a month of .22 indoors in the winter.

In January I bought the first Glock 44 I ever saw. I already have a Ciener conversion unit on a G19 frame and an Advantage Arms conversion on a G22 frame.

I've been REALLY impressed with the Glock 44 so far. I have tested it with the following ammunition types:

200 rnds CCI Mini Mags. (40 grn at 1235 fps)

300 rnds CCI AR Tactical. (40 grn at 1200 fps)

200 rnds Winchester M-22 (40 grn at 1255 fps)

200 rnds Winchester Super Speed (40 grn @ 1300 fps)

200 rnds Federal Black (38 grn at 1260 fps)

200 rnds Browning Performance Rimfire (BPR) (40 grn at 1435 fps)

200 rns Armscore High Velocity (36 grn at 1260 fps)

200 rns Augila Super Extra High Velocity ((40 grn at 1255 fps)

That's 1,700 rounds in five weeks.

I cleaned and lubed the gun after each trip to the range.

I had NO (0) malfunctions.

Most of the shooting I did was accuracy drills on NRA B-24 or B-34 or B-29 or TQ-20 targets at 30 and 50 feet. I also shot on some Warren Tactical WTS-8 targets at different distances.

Both of my other Glock conversions and the SIG factory .22 conversions require hot ammo with plated bullets to run reliably. I've usually used CCI Mini-Mags for that application, and still experienced occasional malfunctions caused by the slide not going fully into battery.

So far I've been really impressed with the G44. The trigger feels like a stock Glock trigger.

My next project is to do some shooting on some B-3 bullseyes at 50 feet and see how that goes.

Glock 44 threaded barrels in stock at g&r.

https://www.gandrtactical.com/Glock-...28_p_1409.html
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

My threaded barrel arrived today.

Ran through a good bit of CCi Std, CCI 45gr HP Suppressor, and CCI clean subsonic. No failures, great accuracy with the 45gr.

Between the 15-22, G44, and the 22 can, in going to burn through A LOT of rimfire this year.

Site Supporter
    23 March 2020
    New gun, first rounds
    CCI Blazer - first box
    50 rounds, 3 yards, 5” circle

Federal Game Shock
    50 rounds - Dot Torture
    (I counted it if they hit within a 9mm diameter of the line - there were just a few I wouldn’t have counted otherwise, but I decided that’s how it was going to be done today)
    48/50
    2 misfires

Win M22
    60 rds on 1” circle @ 3yds
    1 misfire

50 rds Win M22 Dot Torture
    5 yds
    47/50
    1 rimlock misfeed on dot 10

67 rounds Win M22 @ 5yds
    2 misfeeds on 2nd round in magazine

5 yards
    50 rds CCI Blazer
    50 rds Rem Thunderbolt
    2 misfeeds
    50 rds Armscor
    3 slidelock misfeeds

There were a total of 4 misfires. All fired on the second try.

427 rds total for the day.
    My thumbs are a little sore from all of the sliding of the followers. And I did switch back and forth between left and right hands. But I’m not nearly as wearied as I would be had I been shooting a 9mm or .45. (Shock face)

I deliberately took a mix of ammunition I expected to work and ammunition that regularly has various problems in other guns: extraction failures, cycling failures, and misfires. And I had misfires, cycling, and feeding issues, but not so many, and no extraction issues at all. Rounds that regularly tie up other guns over and over again ran through this thing like it was nothing. Even if there was a misfire or feeding issue, it cleared easily.

Here’s the thing a lot of people forget about .22LR rimfire ammunition: most of it sucks. Rim fires are fun. .22 is easy on the wallet and the ears and the hands, and it’s fun.

But the ammunition that is so cheap? Most of it sucks when compared to centerfire ammunition. I had 4 misfires today in 427 rounds of mixed brands. Two brands had no misfires. Others had multiple. Only one had no misfires or feeding issues: CCI Blazer, which isn’t actually an expensive round, but it’s a little bit more than the bulk rounds I ran today, and on par with the Federal Game Shock and Armscor. I only see that kind of poor performance in a centerfire when I feed it steel cased Russian ammunition.

My opinion is: it’s not the gun’s fault if you feed it garbage and it doesn’t run on it. And each rimfire is a law unto itself. Some guns work better with one brand than another, and some are more accurate with one than another. And you only find this out if you actually test a variety of ammunition and accept that some of it isn’t going to work.

In a rimfire, if I’m running bulk/cheap ammo? I just kind of expect it and roll with it. If I’m concerned to make sure my gun runs right, I don’t feed it garbage ammunition. I have seen the M22 that shot very accurately today in the Glock, and that mostly ran well, completely tie up two other quality pistols repeatedly, and shoot like doodie out of both, to boot. Blazer and MiniMags usually run well out of most guns, but aren’t always the most accurate. Wolf standard, MT & Extra, Lapua, Eley, CCI Green Tag & SV, Midas, etc are usually the most accurate out of most guns and also seem to rarely have a misfire or feeding issue, but range from $4/50 on up to $20/50 and sometimes more.

I expect to do a lot of shooting with this gun, and will appreciate it if it likes a variety of inexpensive bulk ammunition, but if the least expensive thing it will run well on is Blazer, I won’t complain about it. Blazer is usually 2.99/50, and I’ve seen it for 1.99/50. That’s cheap enough.

Quite a fun little gun. I imagine it’s going to be a popular one with my family.

User Tag List