Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

Hammertime
    Pistol: Glock G44

Caliber: .22

Ammunition:

700 CCI Minimag 40 grain HV plated round nose.
    615 Aguila Super Extra 40 grain HV plated round nose
    226 Remington Golden Bullet
    Fiocchi 40 grain SV LRN
    Winchester Match 40 grain SV T22 LRN
    Federal Match 40 grain SV LRN
    Armscor 40 grain SV LRN
    CCI Velocitor 40 grain plated HP 1435 FPS
    CCI Stinger 32 grain plated HP 1640 FPS

Dates of testing: 2/2020

Total rounds fired: 2000

Stoppages:
    1 Stovepipe

4 FTExtract partial extraction. All weak rounds. All Remington Golden Bullet.
    2 light strikes Aguila
    1 FTLBE Armscor

Malfunctions: 0

Breakages: 0
    I can’t say much bad about this gun. I consider it one of the best firearm purchases I have ever made. It has had zero stoppages of any kind in the final 1000 rounds of this test. It’s a keeper.

I installed a .205” tall Dawson fiber up front. With that and the rear clicked up two clicks from full low it is tip of front sight at 25 yards and drive the dot at 5 yards with Minimags.

The lack of recoil and ability to shoot a lot of round in a session is allowing me to see subtleties in my technique that are usually masked by recoil. I think it it making me a better shooter. I wish I had 50 mags for it.

I think the reliability has been stellar and it way exceeded my expectations in this regard.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I find the lighter weight of the 44 makes the trigger feel heavier than a 19.
    My minus connector G19 has a 4# trigger.
    G44 has a 6# trigger.

The G44 trigger doesn’t just feel heavier, it is heavier.

I put a Bold .200 x .140 front sight on my 44 and it regulates well. My 44 was running good, and then couldn’t get through a magazine without a stoppage, using CCI 40 round nose mini mags. I ran a bore snake through it, lubed it, and now it is running great again.
    Do you have a ballpark on the round count it took to plug it up?

Hammertime
    I weighed the G44, here it is in comparison to a few other guns:

LCR .22 15.7oz loaded with 8x40 grain
    LCR .38 16.2oz loaded with 5x158 grain
    G44 .22 16.2oz loaded with 11 Velocitors
    G42 16.3oz loaded with 7x90 grain
    S&W 642 17.1 oz Airweight 5x.38 158gr

Unloaded weight is identical to a LCR .22.

I am not saying a .22 is a best choice for a defensive handgun. However, the G44 is by far the most shootable of any of the guns in its weight class. Given its reliability in my hands I would recommend it for a weaker, or recoil sensitive shooter provided they vet it.

Quote Originally Posted by cornstalker View Post
    Do you have a ballpark on the round count it took to plug it up?
    Something over 1,000 rounds. Took just two passes of a bore snake and a dab of lube and it was back in action.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I got a 44 on Thursday, had a Steel Challenge match this morning but before it started I ran 20 rounds of CCI Mini mags through it. The first mag showed me what would happen if you don't load it right. Fixing that, the gun ran fine with a 6:00 hold. After the match I shot 55 more rounds of Mini mags without issue. Shot 100 rounds of CCI SV without issue, 100 rounds of CCI Blazer and 100 rounds of Federal bulk patch 36 grain Wal-Mart ammo. The Federal had one dud that had a good indention, not a light strike. Then a buddy tried Remington Golden bullets and had one round fail to feed, probably not loaded right, the other 99 fed fine.

So that's 475 rounds and so far it's as reliable as any other 22 I've ever had. Feed it what it likes and it'll shoot.

We also shot a 10" plate at 50 yards offhand that made everyone smile. It's just so easy to shoot, I love this thing.

I found this holster this afternoon in a box of old holsters. I got it years ago from Bill Rogers, and believe it was part of an initial run he did for a military unit. It fits a direct milled 17 for an RMR, with the rear sight in front of the optic, but not the MOS slides I have.

Name:  FA59A5C9-7065-44A6-B8CC-0BC3FC14F8EB.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  47.0 KB

Name:  D6C039D0-AFD3-45F3-A916-DB7DB52BD4A9.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  52.6 KB

Based on this thread I placed an order today for a new G44. A little searching yielded one for $370 OTD.

I plan to use the G44 and my 15-22 to increase my practice this year. The lower cost and low noise will allow me to run more drills on our hunting property.

I found this holster this afternoon in a box of old holsters. I got it years ago from Bill Rogers, and believe it was part of an initial run he did for a military unit. It fits a direct milled 17 for an RMR, with the rear sight in front of the optic, but not the MOS slides I have.

Name:  FA59A5C9-7065-44A6-B8CC-0BC3FC14F8EB.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  47.0 KB

Name:  D6C039D0-AFD3-45F3-A916-DB7DB52BD4A9.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  52.6 KB
    Darn, no wonder this didn’t make the red dot holster thread, I put it in the G44 thread by mistake!

Cool

I don't post much here but I've been following for a few years now, after reading your response, I thought I had posted in the wrong thread.

User Tag List