Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

I reached out to McFadden again recently and they said their adapter is still in development.

I fear once my McFadden loader works with G44 mags I'll demolish my 22lr stockpile.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I reached out to McFadden again recently and they said their adapter is still in development.

I fear once my McFadden loader works with G44 mags I'll demolish my 22lr stockpile.
    Sounds like you need more .22LR.

Name:  CE450DF0-597B-41F8-96CC-9821007DE7AD.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  41.8 KB

25 yard freestyle off hand. My G44 hates RWS 40 grain but runs 100% on:

Federal Automatch
    CCI Standard velocity
    Winchester
    Aguila Standard velocity

That’s all I had on hand. I have a 50 caliber ammo can full of the RWS so I guess I’ll be good at clearing malfunctions.

Regards.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I recommend that you not spend too much time or effort worrying about things Paul H says or does that bug you. Some of what he does is interesting, some of his videos are fun to watch, but he does say and do things I disagree with on the regular.

He’s just another sumdood on youtube. If you find value there, cool, if you find something wonky, recognize it and move on.

If you don’t run your gun to empty, you also won’t know what it does when it’s empty.
    Yes, he's the guy. I had to go look because I didn't know his name. So, his reason for not running a gun to empty is not because of any gun mechanical or damage problem ? It has to do with counting your rounds ? I mostly never count my rounds.

Site Supporter
    Anyone know if a Gadget will work with the 44?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Anyone know if a Gadget will work with the 44?
    Not yet. Will take a different part than a standard one, IIRC.

Site Supporter
    Discovered something else about the standard plastic Glock sights: the front post width is about 0.150 inch, and the rear notch is about 0.135 inch wide. Hopefully we will see more and better sight options for changing the sights on the polymer slide.

Took a pair of 18 year olds to the range on Monday with the G44 - ran about 200 rounds total through it without incident. It continues to be reliable, accurate and a great trainer for someone not ready for a centerfire Glock yet. I've got well north of 1,000 rounds through mine, mixed Aguila Super Extra and whatever cheap fodder I can find at Wally World, Rural King, etc. Haven't cleaned it yet, or added any lube since the initial take down, wipe off and relube.

Need moar mag and .22 ammo...

I agree that it would be nice to have better sight options, but, at this point, I'll take what I can get.

Name:  g44.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  50.9 KB

Name:  g44100.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  41.3 KB

I'm really pleased with the G44 and use it regularly to train shooters in trigger work.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I agree that it would be nice to have better sight options, but, at this point, I'll take what I can get.
    I haven't read this whole thread; are folks having trouble installing sights on the G44?

When I got mine I simply installed a set of Ameriglo Hacks I had in my spare sights box, and off I went.. The rear did shave away a tiny bit of polymer when I pushed it in, but no matter – it's in there solidly and I won't be changing it. The front installed as easily as on any other Glock slide.

User Tag List