Thread: TTI mag extension replacement springs?

TTI mag extension replacement springs?

I have 3 Glock 19 mags, with Taran Tactical Innovations 5 round mag extensions. They are failing to lock back the slide on a new G19Gen5, and I am fairly certain its worn out springs.

Are springs from TTI the best option for replacement, or is there something better I should get?

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    I have 3 Glock 19 mags, with Taran Tactical Innovations 5 round mag extensions. They are failing to lock back the slide on a new G19Gen5, and I am fairly certain its worn out springs.

Are springs from TTI the best option for replacement, or is there something better I should get?
    I had the same thing happen to mine for the G17 +5. Their 140mm mag came with a 12 coil spring, other manufacturers use a 13 coil spring. And TTI is the only extension I've consistently read about failing to lock back.

So I replaced mine with a 13 coil Dawson spring.

https://dawsonprecision.com/mag-spri...son-precision/

Not sure if 13 coils is too much of a good thing for your G19 +5 (20rd) mags. Might work well using the 11 coil Glock spring used for the 19rd 17+2 mag?

But I would replace with something other than Taran's springs.

Thanks, I can't find the Glock 11 coil springs in stock anywhere, so I think I will try out the 13 coil springs, and maybe trim them down if needed.

I forgot to check Midway, and they had the 11 coil Glock springs, although they are $11 each.

I ordered three after checking all my other springs:
    Magpul PMag 21 round = 12 coil spring.
    TTI for G19 +5 extension = 9 coil
    19X (19 round) = 11 coil

Luckily, Midway is offering 10% off "just about everything" so I saved a little on mags. It also got me off my butt to get a new seating die, and micrometer stem for reloading.

User Tag List