Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    My Nelson 44 runs like a champ on CCI Mini-Mags, which is a good thing because I have probably 10k of them I bought during a Cabelas grand opening many years ago.
    Yea, they were slow and didn't give many updates during the roll out but every company was a shitshow during the clown world that the past two years have been.
    For me the actual product has been awesome.
    I think those guys were a shitshow before covid.

Keep in mind the slide you have is the second generation they released as an attempt to fix all the problems with the first generation.

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    I think those guys were a shitshow before covid.

Keep in mind the slide you have is the second generation they released as an attempt to fix all the problems with the first generation.
    Never be a 1st generation guinea pig when it comes to aftermarket Glock parts or Sigs.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Nelson sure took a long time to get my slide to me, enough so that it was like a surprise birthday gift when it arrived.

That being said, I am thoroughly satisfied. I think I've mentioned before that the only problem I had was finding slide innards. I ended up stripping out me OEM slide.

I have a Holsun 507C on mine and it works well with CCI mini-mags, both 36 and 40 grain. Like a previous poster, I have a boatload of them, except mine date from the Obama administration. I also tried a brick of Golden Bullets and it worked fine.

I keep mine clean, probably every 400-500 rounds (basically every other range trip) with an occasional brushing of the breech face and extractor as well as lube between cleanings.

My biggest complaint is that I'm pretty used to having my thumb indexed just beneath or actually on the lower ledge of the ejection port, I'm a lefty. It does not take much pressure to create a stoppage.

Secondary to that is the fact that with mine you cant reliably insert a mag and cycle the slide to load. I do admin loads starting with the slide locked to the rear, which is a change for me.

Otherwise I really enjoy shooting the dot on this G44. Since Action Pistol has a 'carry optics' rimfire class, I've been shooting the G44 in the matches this year. Cheaper and fun.

A day after the last match I took my Glock 17 Deltapoint to the range and went through the stages we'd shot in the match the day before. Pretty much shot the same scores, except I didn't cause FTE's on the plates and the mover with my thumb against the slide LOL.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Took mine to the range. The available ammo was Herter's 22 HP 40 gr. Had seven mags full (it was the only 22 I could find for awhile). Had a jam on about 4 mags about half way through a mag. I need to try some other ammo types. The WEBZ seems to like the higher velocity CCI stuff like Velocitor or Mini-Mags.

The gun likes to throw empties backwards a bit. Given this was an indoor range, the empties would bounce off the sides of the lane and come back at me. Thus, wearing a cap is a good thing! However, one empty was able to find it's way down my sleeve of my jacket. Ouch! Took a bit to get it out.

The gun shot tight grips, no problem when it ran.

Since I posted a year ago or so, my G44 has approximately 1500 rounds through it, and it has been used my new shooters in Beginner Firearms classes, as well as personal use.

I've used various ammo through it, mainly
    -Federal 36gr Copper Plated High Velocity
    -CCI Mini Mags, 36gr and 40gr
    -CCI Standard Velocity 40gr
    -Aguila High Velocity and standard velocity
    -Blazer 40gr High Velocity
    -some real old Remington 40gr standard velocity target ammo that I was given, white box with GOV markings so probably training ammo

I have I believe 6 OEM 10-round mags, and a ProMag 15rd and ProMag 25rd (it might be a 20rd, not sure).

I am primarily using Glock's OEM threaded barrel, and it usually has a Rugged Oculus on it most of the time.

If I remember correctly, my only malfunction was with the very 1st round ever fired, and using a OEM magazine; I've not had any issues since.

I believe I've also only cleaned it once around the 500 round mark, and have added some light grease to the frame rails if it feels a little sluggish.

Suppressor Barrel Light Strikes

Bought a G44 last week (two barrel option - threaded and plain). Went from the deal to the range and shot 50 rnds of CCI Mini Mags with the plain barrel and zero problems.

Installed the threaded barrel and suppressor. Took it to the range today with the same lot of CCI Mini Mags - couldn't get thru a magazine with out a light hit (several mags with more than one light hits).

Could this be a headspace problem with the suppressor barrel?

Thanks

Paul

Site Supporter
    Does anyone know where a G44 extractor could be purchased? This is the one part I am missing to have both my original slide and Nelson slide fully assembled.

Hammertime
    I obtained a threaded barrel kit from Glock. And mounted a Mist suppressor.

17 mags through it today in rather rapid succession. 100% function and it is a blast to shoot and the sights work nicely. I will be using this a lot.

Pushing 7,000 rounds through this pistol and it remains a favorite.

Name:  624BBF0E-B4B9-4795-9146-857C6A9BD81A.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  62.5 KB

That’s outstanding, I’ve got almost 5000 through mine(unsuppressed)and it just keeps getting better. I’ve been using the Pro Mags, at first they were a nightmare. Unreliable and hard to load, I found a simple plastic loading tool on Amazon and it made all the difference in the world. The mags absolutely have to be loaded a certain way, as they’ve broken in they have become very reliable. I load 16 rounds and rarely every have an issue with them now. The two 10 round Glock mags have run perfect from day one. I run an assortment of bulk ammo through the gun, don’t find it picky at all.

I’ve been running my G44 a lot lately, got 7000 rounds fired so far and it just keeps running. Really fun for speed drills and of course with practically no recoil you get great times.

But the one area that is slowing me down is the mag release, I have to crush it to get the mag to drop free. If not sometimes it will hang up the mag and not drop right away.

Has anyone tried a Vickers mag release in a 44, I’m thinking the slight extension may help with faster mag drops. Or is this just the way it is with the 44, I know it’s just a $20 part and I’m going to give it a go. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem or if it’s just my gun.

User Tag List