Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

The last time I looked some guys over at ar15.com have been running without any issues.

They did say they were tough to get all (18) rounds in the mag. IIRC the common consensus is they wished the follower's "buttons" were the same size as the factory mags.

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the NFA section:

Just got my Glock 44 threaded barrel and attached my Dead Air Mask. All threads were cleaned and had anti-seize applied before screwing everything together hand-tight. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but the issue I'm having is that when I try to remove the Mask, the barrel's metric-to-1/2x28 adapter stays locked together with the can's direct thread mount. Then when I try to remove the barrel adapter from the mount, I just end up unscrewing the mount from the back of the can. Got them separated by holding the (taped up) mount in a crescent wrench while I used a 1/2" wrench on the flats that are so conveniently present on the adapter.

Surely I'm doing something wrong, right? Or am I going to have to bring hand tools to the range if I want to move the can to another host during a session. I'm new to the suppressor game, so forgive me if any of this sounds stupid.

Hammertime
    Got my "back up" G44 to the range yesterday. 150 flawless rounds out of the box.

This pistol needed the adjustable rear dialed all the way down as opposed to my other one which requires the rear dialed full up.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post
    Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the NFA section:

Just got my Glock 44 threaded barrel and attached my Dead Air Mask. All threads were cleaned and had anti-seize applied before screwing everything together hand-tight. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but the issue I'm having is that when I try to remove the Mask, the barrel's metric-to-1/2x28 adapter stays locked together with the can's direct thread mount. Then when I try to remove the barrel adapter from the mount, I just end up unscrewing the mount from the back of the can. Got them separated by holding the (taped up) mount in a crescent wrench while I used a 1/2" wrench on the flats that are so conveniently present on the adapter.

Surely I'm doing something wrong, right? Or am I going to have to bring hand tools to the range if I want to move the can to another host during a session. I'm new to the suppressor game, so forgive me if any of this sounds stupid.
    I haven't had this issue. I torqued the barrel thread adapter per the manual, which is more than I hand-tighten the can.

Took my G44 to the range today for its first rounds. Did not lube, clean or do anything other than stuff mags and shoot. In total, we put 100 rounds through the pistol and CCI 40 grain Mini mags and Eley 38 grain high velocity hollow points worked well. The other shooter I was shooting with runs his off hand thumb against the slide when shooting Glocks and this caused several malfunctions. However, it was definitely shooter induced and when he changed his grip the pistol ran like a top. Just barrels of monkeys fun. I need to get different sights. I was concerned by all of the videos I saw with parts breakage and failures to feed on other G44s. Running good ammo seems to solve those issues. I can't wait to run 400-500 more rounds through it of different types to see if I can replicate the ammo issue.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Out of stock.

Interesting, though. I’ve never seen a ProMag I’d trust. But for $14, I’d buy a couple and wring them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    The last time I looked some guys over at ar15.com have been running without any issues.

They did say they were tough to get all (18) rounds in the mag. IIRC the common consensus is they wished the follower's "buttons" were the same size as the factory mags.
    Local pusher had these ProMags in stock yesterday, so for $17.50, I rolled the dice.

Pics below. Follower buttons are too small. It gets progressively more difficult to load. Flashing is all over it - I am not cleaning that up till after shooting evaluation. Cartridge stack is interesting. Does slide into the gun smoothly and lock in place without resistance, whether loaded or empty. Loaded, it does not have any spring assistance for dropping the magazine, unlike the factory 10rd.

Shooting later today.

Name:  F1F6CAD3-2D95-4157-ADA8-60B527A6C417.jpeg
Views: 543
Size:  27.4 KB
    Name:  9D023D2D-86D1-4ED2-A7CA-BAAE8AACBE26.jpeg
Views: 526
Size:  27.3 KBName:  DC9F743F-ED90-4DC4-93AA-ECF2936E9322.jpeg
Views: 515
Size:  25.7 KBName:  FAD9E425-74EC-481B-9BCD-9F28E833DD34.jpeg
Views: 512
Size:  20.9 KBName:  E5DDF524-1F56-40AE-B223-DCE7BE26444D.jpeg
Views: 512
Size:  23.7 KB

Site Supporter
    G44
    ProMag
    1x17- Federal bulk. 1xmisfed due to cartridge stack. Depressed tabs, shook magazine, remainder fed properly.
    Thunderbolt
    2x17
    1st round from each misfeed by jamming into the top of the chamber. Locked slide to rear, realigned round, fed and fired.
    2nd magazine - 2nd round nose down jam inside of magazine. Removed top round, shifted cartridge stack, all rounds fed and fired.
    CCI MiniMag HP
    1x17
    2nd round misfeed. Cleared, remainder fed and fired properly.
    12 rds 3 at a time one handed
    All fed and fired properly
    1x17 thunderbolt
    Loaded top round, removed magazine, adjusted cartridge stack. All fed and fired properly.
    97 rounds through the ProMag.

Factory magazines
    1x10 blazer
    2x10 thunderbolt

Bottom line on the ProMag: The follower tabs on the ProMag are too small and fiddly and uncomfortable. The cartridge stack issue seems to have the possibility of working if the user learns how to use the magazine.

My opinion: Glock didn’t make something like these for commercial sale because they aren’t nearly as reliable as the 10 rounds, all cartridge noses lined up magazines are. And the Glock follower tabs are vastly superior, more comfortable, easier to use, and the magazine spring tension is easier, too.

I’ll probably run another couple hundred through the ProMag and then maybe karma it to someone who wants to try it.

1022 rounds through G44 to date. I like it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AJLooch View Post
    I'm up to 950 rounds through my 44 and still have yet to have a light strike or any FTE or FTF. I should say I almost never run the gun to slide lock, just leave a round in the chamber and replace mags. I also clean the the gun and re lubricate after every range session (last few have been 200 rounds per). After 550 I did replace the connector with a Lone Wolf 3.5 and Wolff Striker Safety Spring which did help me soften the extremely hard wall the trigger came to which I like more.
    You say you almost never run a gun to slide lock, and I saw a video where the guy usually doesn't do it either, and makes a point when he does that it is "for demonstration purposes only."

So, explain to me the issues and reasons that you should be careful about that. I have not ever seen an explanation for why this is a bad idea.

Thanks

Isn’t it just a recognition that if you count your rounds you never have to have an empty gun?

Paul Harrell always says that and it bugs me.

Personally I run my guns to slide lock all the time so I get another rep of speed reloading.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by diananike View Post
    Isn’t it just a recognition that if you count your rounds you never have to have an empty gun?

Paul Harrell always says that and it bugs me.

Personally I run my guns to slide lock all the time so I get another rep of speed reloading.
    I recommend that you not spend too much time or effort worrying about things Paul H says or does that bug you. Some of what he does is interesting, some of his videos are fun to watch, but he does say and do things I disagree with on the regular.

He’s just another sumdood on youtube. If you find value there, cool, if you find something wonky, recognize it and move on.

If you don’t run your gun to empty, you also won’t know what it does when it’s empty.

User Tag List