Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    My G44 just passed 4000 rounds. With a modicum of cleaning and lubrication (every 3-500 rounds) it just runs and runs.

Total stoppages sit at 11. 4 of those were one lot of Golden Bullet Ammo.

Only one stoppage (unlit primer) in the last 1600 rounds since I started giving it a bit more lube. It loves Mexican Minimags (Aguila SuperExtra).
    Glad to hear the Aguila is GTG. I picked up a box of that when I bought my G44. I’ve been burning up the stock of Federal bulk pack I had on hand first.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The trigger felt heavy relative to the weight of the pistol, and I decided to look at the striker spring. It appeared to be a regular OEM 5.5 spring, although the spring cups were white instead of black. I replaced the 5.5 OEM striker spring with a Wolf 5.0, improving the trigger somewhat, but in the process launching one white spring cup to an as yet undetermined area of my gun area.
    @GJM - any updates on the striker spring? Any issues with any brand of ammo?

What sights are folks running on these?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I measured the sights on mine and it looks like the front and rear are exactly the same height. I have a set of trijicon fiber sights that are the same front and rear height. I’m going to try them out. Might be a couple weeks before I have an opportunity too.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    What sights are folks running on these?
    Replaced front with 0.205” Dawson fiber and drove on. Works great.

Site Supporter
    Shot mine today with Federal bulk pack 40 gr. With the exception of 2 failures to load the first round in the magazine, reliability was flawless. It is necessary to load the magazine carefully, but doing so is easy.

My example shot to the top of the front sight at 25 yards, with no sight adjustment needed.

My 13 year old daughter enjoyed shooting the gun as well.

My daughter does not like the noise of larger calibers despite wearing foam ear plugs under electronic ear muffs. This gun will allow me to practice a wider variety of skills while keeping her within her comfort zone when she is with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Hammertime
    I shot the G44 versus my two Advantage Arms Conversions today. I was able to shoot the AA units quite a bit more precisely. I don’t know if it is the trigger, the sights, or the lack of cleaning on the G44, but the G44 accuracy seems to be worse than it was initially.

Reliability of the AA units was abysmal. To the point where I am going to sell them off I just can’t stand constantly monkeying with them and having to keep them perfectly clean with their precise ammo needs.

The G44 continues to run without complaint. I cleaned the barrel carefully focusing on the crown. Didn’t see anything too bad. Is there anything I should look for with degraded accuracy on this gun?

My G44 seems to be a little more accurate with 40 grain Aguila super extra. I was having trouble making clean trigger presses but my 73 year old dad was making regular hits on 8” steel at 50 yards with it. That’s with stock plastic Glock sights. It was pretty impressive.

I replaced just the front sight with a plain black defoor front from Ameriglo, left the rear factory one on it and Sharpie’d the goal post away. Runs near flawlessly on the Aguila plated HV stuff. Over 5k through it at this point. So I laid in a supply of another 20k to keep it happy.

Added a factory minus connector and an agency (I think) polymer flat trigger.Name:  AF3619E0-7585-4EBB-AD4D-0487F26DEBE5.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  49.2 KB

These MTM Case-Gard ACR12 Ammo Crate Utility Box - Dark Earth https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C58YH4M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_i6x8EbPQJEBXFMTM ammo crates hold 16k. Was half way through filling it when I snapped the pic.

What's the story on threaded barrels? I read where a guy said the first run of barrels were recalled and the new version should be out by end of June. Now I can't find any mention of it and Brownells, Midway USA and a few others have some in stock but I'm wondering if they are old stock or if there ever was a problem and recall to begin with.

I was gonna wait till they offered a complete gun with a threaded barrel and just pick up another one but I'm ready to just buy a barrel if they are GTG.

As for a range report, I continue to enjoy my G44 even shooting a few SC matches with it but I lost round count around 1500 and just continue to shoot it every Saturday morning.

User Tag List