Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

I called Glock just now and the tech I spoke with was not aware of any recalls, design changes or problems on the threaded barrels.

I also asked about putting a Dawson fiber optic front sight on there (Dawson said it could crack the slide but are going to look at other options, one day...) the tech said he couldn't recommend it either.

Just FYI

Qualifier - this is not a knock against the G44, just sharing the experience.

My G44 started randomly shooting high last session. Took it apart and found the barrel leaded up. This is only part of the lead removed by brush. Remington Thunderbolts - an estimated 420 rounds.

Name:  20200620_160223.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  32.2 KB

Happy shooting, Jerry
    "Draw fast, shoot well," Mike W.

I had the exact same thing with mine and thunderbolts
    After 400 rounds the barrel was leaded so badly I broke a cleaning rod hammering the shavings out
    Accuracy was terrible so I took it apart and looked down the barrel. It was half smooth bore near the muzzle from all the lead

Thunderbolts have a rep for leading badly. I ran a brush through mine for the first time and got nothing. CCI Blazer, SV and Federal value packs have been the most used ammo in mine.

Update to my post #61
    Glock 44, serial # prefix ADUH, purchased 1/30/2020
    primary use GSSF Rimfire division

5,220 rounds fired to date
    3,445 CCI Mini Mags (40gr CPRN) 1 failure to pickup and feed from magazine during string of fire
    865 Federal Champion #510 (40gr LRN) 3 Failure to Fire, 1 Failure to Eject
    470 Federal Automatch #AM22 (40gr LRN) 1 Failure to Fire
    150 CCI Standard Velocity (40gr LRN) 3 Failure to Eject
    120 Remington Golden Bullet (36gr HP) 2 Failure to Fire
    170 Aguila Super Extra (40gr CPRN)

All of the stoppages (so far) happened within the first 1500 rounds fired.

At 1450 rounds I installed a Dawson Fiber Optic Front Sight, .205 tall X .105 wide, by request of the primary users, my wife (AKA SWMBO) and adult daughter. I used the tool provided with the replacement sight, red loc-tite and hand tightening the screw. No problems so far.

The factory adjustable rear sight was blacked out. Not sure how much elevation was added, but adjustments were made by the primary users, and they have pronounced the sights good for them.

At the same time, I also added a factory Glock "-" minus connector. They both felt that the original connector in the G44 had a rough, gritty break, and did not like the reset. With the minus connector, they like the reset, and the break feels smoother. Their pistol, their call

My personal preference is to clean .22 rimfire pistols after each range session. Normally between 200 to 300 rounds are fired in the G44 at each range session. The fluting of the G44's barrel chamber seems to attract more fouling then (for example) my Ruger MK II pistol's chamber, sometimes requiring more attention with a bore brush. I have not seen an issue with leading, in this pistol, with the ammo used. YMMV

My only significant problem with this G44 was I didn't get to shoot it. As pointed out, I am not the primary user. I loaded magazines, I cleaned it, but if I shot more then a couple of magazines at any range session...so I have bought a G44 for myself.

Only about 750 rounds thru MY G44, but so far, so good.

So this happened today...
    Name:  IMG_7777.jpg
Views: 715
Size:  101.5 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Any anyone think a rmr could be mounted on the 44? Or to heavy?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Any anyone think a rmr could be mounted on the 44? Or to heavy?
    I tried a Holosun 508t with an aluminum adapter plate on mine.

I shot Aguilla Super Extra standard velocity and high velocity. It would not cycle 100% of the time even with the high velocity.

The 508t is made of titanium which is much heavier than aluminum. I think if I had put an RMR on it it would have worked fine.

G44 is not viable for RDS in current form.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

As much as I'd like a slide-mounted RDS, I think it's gonna have to be a frame mounted optic on the G44, whenever I get around to doing that. Putting together an AR15 this month kind of put a damper on that project though.

User Tag List