Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I am using an Ameriglo black front that is 0.165" tall and 0.115" wide with a plastic fixed Glock rear in the 6.5 mm height with the white box blacked out with a sharpie. This gives me a 6:00 hold at 25 yards.

Another member suggested essentially the same combination in this thread, but I think he is using the original Glock adjustable sight.
    If it was me, then yes I am. See above ☝🏼

I bought a G44 around May 2021 IIRC, and I haven't been able to put a ton of rounds through it, only about 500-750 (I have an accurate count, I just don't have my records around me). I had an issue with the first round ever fired through the gun. The ammo was CCI Blazer 40gr HV, and I was using OEM magazines. The very first round nosedived into the feed ramp upon releasing the slide, but it's been smooth sailing since.

I only have fired it using OEM 10 round magazines, and the only ammo I've fired has been CCI Blazer 40gr HV, Federal copper-washed 36gr HV, CCI standard velocity 40gr, and I believe a friend had some 40gr Winchester stuff that he used.

I have the original sights on it, however the front is getting dented on the sides, so I'll likely switch the front out to a spare Ameriglo DeFoor front that I have. The rear was sharpied.

I have a Dead Air Mask on the way, so I hope to pick up a threaded barrel kit in the near future.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 2238945 View Post
    I bought a G44 around May 2021 IIRC, and I haven't been able to put a ton of rounds through it, only about 500-750 (I have an accurate count, I just don't have my records around me). I had an issue with the first round ever fired through the gun. The ammo was CCI Blazer 40gr HV, and I was using OEM magazines. The very first round nosedived into the feed ramp upon releasing the slide, but it's been smooth sailing since.

I only have fired it using OEM 10 round magazines, and the only ammo I've fired has been CCI Blazer 40gr HV, Federal copper-washed 36gr HV, CCI standard velocity 40gr, and I believe a friend had some 40gr Winchester stuff that he used.

I have the original sights on it, however the front is getting dented on the sides, so I'll likely switch the front out to a spare Ameriglo DeFoor front that I have. The rear was sharpied.

I have a Dead Air Mask on the way, so I hope to pick up a threaded barrel kit in the near future.
    You will notice a big improvement with the Defoor front. It is a much more usable width in combination with the Glock factory rear notch.

Site Supporter
    Visiting with the in-laws this week at a mountain cabin. MIL fell in love with our G44, so I no longer own one. FIL said to let him know how much a replacement would be and he’d send me a check. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What’s the consensus on appropriate sights for these at this point? I need to really set the time aside for it but ever since I tried throwing Ameriglo Agent sights on, I do not feel like I’ve been able to shoot mine well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure what the consensus will be, but I carefully put Heinie fiber optic front and a rear night sight on. Glock may say if you damage the slide putting steel sights on, it’s on you for cost of replacement. Ergo, I was careful. I’m on 8” plates out to 25 yards which is ok for me at the moment.
    Rear night sight, you may ask? I had a spare, and it helps me find it in a dark camp. I can see blacking out the rear adjustable, but the 44 needs a better front in my view.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    What’s the consensus on appropriate sights for these at this point? I need to really set the time aside for it but ever since I tried throwing Ameriglo Agent sights on, I do not feel like I’ve been able to shoot mine well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You probably read it above, but the safest route is to stick with Glock plastic rear sights to avoid the likelihood of damage to the slide. Metal sight dovetails are intended to be softer than the steel of the slide, so that the sight dovetail deforms through the interference fit rather than the slide. With the plastic rear slide dovetail, a metal sight is likely to deform the slide. You might successfully get one metal sight in, but the number of times that process can be repeated is likely to be very limited.

Along the home sight improvement vein
    I got confused by sight height compatibility so cheaped out.
    I painted the front with a safety orange enamel paint pen leaving a strip of black at the top. The strip of black at the top coincides with POI as it always shot high to the factory dot.
    And I periodically reblack out the rear bucket with a sharpie every time I can start to see it again.
    It almost looks like a rectangle of orange now into a black box. Very simple and fast to use and shoots where I aim it now to boot.

I went with a Dawson FO front and the stock rear sight. I tried a fixed plastic sight turned backwards but I actually kinda like the stock adjustable sight with the Dawson. Not perfect but close enough.

I received my Nelson Precision Optics Ready Slide this morning. It's been a long wait. First impressions out of the box were good.

After fondling the slide briefly, the reality set in that I had no innards for the slide. We have one G44 and it's my wife's. Stripping the slide on 'her' pistol would be soldier you are a no go at this station kind of deal.

A quick search of the internet revealed that buying the innards, if I could find them in stock, would be kind of expensive. Since it was a balmy 62 degrees out, I hoped on my Street Glide and went for a ride to a LGS in an adjoining town. There I purchased a G44 of my very own for $359.00 which may or may not have been a good price, but it suited me.

After a brief detour on the way home, I set about transferring parts. The OEM stuff slid right in and my Holsun 507C (which I bought for this slide nearly 3/4 of a year ago - you think LaRue is slow) slide right onto the posts with a little wiggle and a bite of the tongue, snug it was. The Nelson provided sights are readily visible in the window and suit me fine - pretty narrow front with a wideish rear.

The new G44 was surprisingly devoid of any of the copper-colored lube, so I lubed everything. Ready for the range tomorrow or Monday.

Name:  Nelson Slide on G44 No SN.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  67.3 KB Name:  Nelson Precision Sights.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  32.9 KB

Sorry about the focus on the sights!
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Hammertime
    Another 170 more trouble free rounds. This pistol just keeps running and running.

Great for new shooters and super fun for me.

Makes me wonder why I ever bother shooting any other rimfire. Most of mine are unreliable.

I would recommend for an “old man gun” for myself given the level of reliability I have experienced.

User Tag List