Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    So this happened today...
    Attachment 56802
    And that suppressor is made by-..., please sir.

I don’t think an optic on this version slide could work-is be concerned about damage.
    FWIW, shot a small Steel Challenge match yesterday with a G44 and Sevigny red fiber optic. I’m sure there’s work to be done, but hoping it simulates a red dot, sorta...
    Be that as it may, it was fun! Had a couple of failures to fire with Federal “Black Pack” ammo; bonus stoppage clearance practice-tap, rack, um...pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Any anyone think a rmr could be mounted on the 44? Or to heavy?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Down the road I plan on getting a G44 and putting a Sig RomeoZero on it. I’ll be interested to see how it runs. It’s pretty lightweight so I’m hoping it’ll run fine.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    And that suppressor is made by-..., please sir.
    It's a Silencer Co. Sparrow.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post

I also asked about putting a Dawson fiber optic front sight on there (Dawson said it could crack the slide but are going to look at other options, one day...) the tech said he couldn't recommend it either.

Just FYI
    Huh? I'm not tracking here, how does a FO front sight risk damage to the slide?

ETA: I have about 1000 rounds through mine with a Dawson FO front and no problems

Same thing Dawson said when a friend tried to put a set on his AA conversion. Different dovetail cut than Glock so he sent the slide in. They were afraid the battering back and forth would open the rear dovetail up in the aluminum slide. They made him a front sight to match his AA rear sight.

Dawson is afraid the metal front sight's extra weight might cause the plastic slide to wear or crack. It probably won't but until they can test it out, they can't recommend it.

I shoot with a guy that bought a Bersa 22 back in Febuary to shoot steel Challenge with. Last month it wouldn't decock without pressing down on the slide and the slide rails were almost non existent. He had about 24000 rounds down it. Kinda got me skittish.

Quote Originally Posted by TWR View Post
    Same thing Dawson said when a friend tried to put a set on his AA conversion. Different dovetail cut than Glock so he sent the slide in. They were afraid the battering back and forth would open the rear dovetail up in the aluminum slide. They made him a front sight to match his AA rear sight.

Dawson is afraid the metal front sight's extra weight might cause the plastic slide to wear or crack. It probably won't but until they can test it out, they can't recommend it.

I shoot with a guy that bought a Bersa 22 back in Febuary to shoot steel Challenge with. Last month it wouldn't decock without pressing down on the slide and the slide rails were almost non existent. He had about 24000 rounds down it. Kinda got me skittish.
    The rear sight I understand. The front I have no concerns about.

That's coming from a Mechanical Engineer who designs plastic and metal parts to survive automotive crash testing for a living.

On a lark I snagged a G44 on Wed, with an eye towards using it as a trainer for a NEW shooter (as in, never was in the same room with a gun before Friday new). After about 4-hours of one-on-one basic marksmanship and weapons handling training on Friday, we hit the range yesterday in the AM. Shooter is a petite woman in her early 70s, with a bad back and significant hand/arm strength issues. She struggles with locking the slide to the rear even using the "push pull" method, and can just barely release the slide on a fresh magazine.

Having said all that, she ran almost 300 rounds of Aguila Super Extra without a bobble. We were shooting at 11-ish yards, on an IDPA-sized steel, and I doubt she missed more than 2 rounds in the whole session. On paper at 5 yards, she was easily putting rounds into a 3x5" "head" card, or a 6" Shoot-n-C "chest."

After she felt like she was done for the day, I ran a few magazines through it, again, zero issues, and, dang, that's a lot of fun...

And good for you for helping out a new, though “senior” shooter. I don’t know if it will fit, but the Tango Down extended
    Slide plate might be of assistance. A couple of years ago, I assisted a widow whose husband had left behind a G42. She had an issue with hand strength and also felt like the slide slipped as she used the “scissors” method. The plate alleviated her concerns. Interestingly, once she got it loaded, no issues with functionality, to include one handed shooting-all with ball ammo.

User Tag List