Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

So has anyone swapped out the rear sight?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

First 200 round session; all with 40 grain Federal Champion (which is what I had on hand - works well in the S&W M&P 15-22). Three rounds failed to ignite; all fired on the second hit. One FTF which was shooter induced with a weak hand grip. I've got some Aguila Super Extra on the way.

Bought this pistol as a youth trainer, much like the aforementioned S&W M&P 15-22. I think it will fill that role quite nicely. I do wish the rear dovetail was not polymer; I'd like to swap the sights out but I'm hesitant to try. The stock sights are sufficient...for now.

Blacking out the rear sight and installing a Dawson front helped a lot... but I still don't like the rear shape.

I have an old Defoor rear that I may try and mate up with a different front. I believe I measured a .010" offset between front/rear on my zeroed 44, with the front being taller.

Installed a new rear sight today. Used an Ameriglo rear with a Dawson FO front. Rear measures .280 from bottom of dovetail, front is either. 205 or .210. This allows me to drive the dot at 15 yards with Aguila 40gr HV. POI is about 2" lower with CCI clean subsonic.

Sight picture is much improved over the plastic rear sight. I think the big difference is the depth of the notch, but the slightly narrower outer profile and rounded edges helps also.

The rear isn't all that tight. It took VERY light taps to get it in position. I can't move it with just my fingers, but it's by no means a "solid" installation. I tried using a defoor rear which had a set screw but it was too short and my Sevigny was too tall.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Ran the 44 through a 7 stage steel match today. Used a bore snake before the match and applied some fresh lube. 0 malfunctions for the day using Aguila 40gr HV, probably 200-215 rds total.

Sights regulated well at steel challenge distances. No signs of deformation in the rear dovetail.

I'm really liking the gun so far. Great trigger control trainer. Steel challenge is well suited to rimfire training since its only 1 round on target.

Has anyone dropped an extended slide stop into one of these? I've seen varying reports as to whether the G44 part is the standard GEN5 part (SP47249).

Picked up a 44 yesterday because 9mm is hard to find and stupid expensive and I already have around 6000 rounds of CCI Mini-Mags I picked up on super-sale at the grand opening of a Cabelas a few years back.
    I'm only 200 rounds into it, but it's humming along perfectly.
    Installed a Dawson red FO front and blacked out the rear with a Sharpie. Two or so clicks up on the rear has me ringing a 8" steel plate out to 40Y (at 50Y I have to aim at the top of the plate).

Great for draw to 1st shot practice and transitions between widely spaced targets, basically anything that doesn't revolve around recoil control.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Found a use for my Romeo Zero. Hope it lasts. JP Enterprises dovetail mount. Put 100+ rounds through it the other day with no issues.
    Name:  E17820DC-412A-4716-9C8A-58A31E5AAA57.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  73.5 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Shot another 200 rds today. Mix of Rem Thunderbolt and Aguila HV. 1 FTEject with Thunderbolts. Garbage ammo, you could feel different recoil impulses cycling through a 10rd mag. It was also noticably less accurate at just 5 yards. Aguila continues to impress.

From now on I'm trying to keep any practice to at least a 2:1 ratio of 22lr/9mm. Prices are stupid and I can't bring myself to spend $0.60 per rd of 9mm.

Because a friend is considering a G44 as a home defense pistol, but wants a light/laser combo, I ran about 100 rounds the other day through mine with a TLR-8AG on it. Ran like a champeen. Same day, another friend who bought a G44 after shooting mine ran about 200 rounds of old, crappy, mixed exposed lead range fodder through his - 0 issues.

User Tag List