Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

Quote Originally Posted by sqeeler View Post
    No, It did not, actually it is doing very well getting ready to go out here in just a couple hours. I am
    going to try and get some more pictures for posting if possible.
    Shit. Sound like more winning.

Hammertime
    After lubricating my G44 I put another 400 Mexican Minimags through it. 1 FTE first magazine then it ran fine. I have seen this “fail to extract issue on initial mags issue” with the conversion kits and other .22 guns as well. The gun must get a little sticky when cold. Does not give me confidence as a carry gun that is shot little, and needed cold.

The trigger was getting grungy so I did a complete detail strip and cleaning which let me look at internals a bit.

G44 is a very clever gun. It is blowback. A plastic "locking" block that just stops barrel. Barrel only moves a couple mm.

Decent parts commonality with other Gen 5 guns and very easy to detail strip. Appears to take all Glock Connectors but I left the dot in for now. Would be interesting to see if a minus lights off 22 reliably.

Very dirty after 2400 but the firing pin channel was still pretty clean. Breech face awful but it was running.

They did a good job on this IMO. Many less friction points than the conversion kits.

The magazine design is very nice and handy for loading with the little tabs. I have not felt the need for a loader at all.

The bottom of the mag is near impossible to remove like all Glocks.

On reassembly I went light on lube just doing the dot to various places thing Glock recommends.

Had a match yesterday and didn't get to play with the G44 but I did let a guy shoot 20 rounds through it afterwards. Something dawned on me, I've yet to get it back from someone that wasn't smiling from ear to ear.

Hammertime
    I just ran an entire brick (525 rounds) of Golden Bullets through a clean, lubricated G44 with zero malfunctions. Loving this gun.

Alright finally the 13,000 plus mark, finally had to clean this nasty little beast as around the 12,500-13,000 plus count started having some malfunctions. I was not 100 percent sure it was the pistol or the ammo but considering the round count and the cleaning schedule (practically nothing), cleaned once after first brick and only lubed to this point figured it was time to do the deed.

Name:  barrel.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  18.6 KB

User Tag List