Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 44 range reports

accident repost of pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by sqeeler View Post
    Well i'm pushing 8,000 rds on my new G44 between myself, wife and daughter training, testing and just having some plain old fun. Have run everything I could get my hands on including federal, winchester and remington bulkpack, 36 and 40gr mini mags and stingers.

My personal 44 tends to print between 2-5 inches high depending on range, have benched it at 20 yds and seems to shoot more point of aim with rem golden bullets and 40gr mini mags. Reliability wise mine has been absolutely phenomenal. Day of purchase we ran a brick of Fed 36gr hp, had a couple malfunctions which I found were attributed to the magazine. I figured out if you smack the back of the mag a couple times in the palm of your hand seems to settle things in for better reliability, definitely hope this gets some attention as well as some higher capacity mags soon. After the first range session of a little over 600 rds brought the 44 home and stripped and lubed the 44 with slip2000ewl and haven't cleaned it since as I was curious as to what this thing was capable of.

I have lubricated the pistol aprrox. every 1000-1,500 rds with slip, but am going for the 10,000 rd mark by the end of the month. I do think that for once I have been blessed with getting a good gun at launch as I usually end up with getting the lemon in the bunch. I will try and keep everyone posted on the ongoing test on the pistol and mags during the test. I am only using 2 dedicated mags for the range and managed to pick up 4 extra in case one fails.

On a side note the Winchester bulk pack stuff has been horrendous as far as the amount of bad rds per brick, tried both the lead and copper coat, and I know I will NOT be buying anymore of that ammo unless it is the only thing on the shelf, averaging around 2-6 rds per 100 that are just dud rounds. I have had great success with the Rem 36gr golden bullet in the bulk buckets of 1,400, have shot 3 of these buckets so far and haven't had a single bad round.
    Damn! That's a review.

Thanks for posting.

I'm not as scientific as a lot of you guys. I picked mine up a few days ago and just got to shooting it today.

Running CCI Mini-mags (both the standard round nose and the "choot 'em" stuff) I put 150 rounds through the two mags it came with and had zero hiccups.

I didn't clean it and I didn't lube it (that's what she said).

I was bouncing these from the 5yd line to the 35yd line with a six o'clock hold. I'm gonna color it good.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    So there have been a few reports now...very useful, thanks.

Relative to the ‘feel’ of a Gen 4 or Gen 5 Glock 19, how close would you say the Glock 44 trigger press is?

Maybe on a 1 (nothing like a 19) to 10 (can’t tell the difference) scale?

Obviously this is not a question on recoil. Trying to get an idea of how useful a G44 would be as a “live fire training aid”, I guess I would call it.

Thanks!

Site Supporter
    Picked up a Glock 44 And got to shoot it this past Tuesday at lunchtime.

Ran about 300 rounds, 100 of mini mags, 100 Aguila “super e tea” (Mexican Minimags) and 100 or so Federal auto match. Had one failure to feed with federal automatch on aslide lock reload. No other issues. Kept everything in an 8” shoot n see at 25 yards.

It hit a little high at distance. I will likely throw on a fiber optic front sight and black out the factory adjustable rear. In his review, Hilton Yam mentioned his G44 hit POA/Poi with a .235 height front usually used on a G34/35 vs the standard .215.

Name:  37B59A92-DDC4-43A9-B2A2-E40675E0D01A.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  33.6 KB

Name:  A2CC4FF5-982E-42B2-82F0-ADE5CCA7A36C.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  40.3 KB

25 yards with a 6 o’clock hold.

Name:  311158CB-D778-4C73-8229-1FB0811557C8.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  43.7 KB

Ps- @RJ trigger feels just like a stock Gen 4 Glock trigger.

I put a Bold .200 x .140 front sight on my 44 and it regulates well. My 44 was running good, and then couldn’t get through a magazine without a stoppage, using CCI 40 round nose mini mags. I ran a bore snake through it, lubed it, and now it is running great again.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    So there have been a few reports now...very useful, thanks.

Relative to the ‘feel’ of a Gen 4 or Gen 5 Glock 19, how close would you say the Glock 44 trigger press is?

Maybe on a 1 (nothing like a 19) to 10 (can’t tell the difference) scale?

Obviously this is not a question on recoil. Trying to get an idea of how useful a G44 would be as a “live fire training aid”, I guess I would call it.

Thanks!
    The G44 trigger is identical but 6-6.5lbs in weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    The G44 trigger is identical but 6-6.5lbs in weight.
    I find the lighter weight of the 44 makes the trigger feel heavier than a 19.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List