Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Rural Americans Are Bad People

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    The wind or the women. Then again, pretty much anywhere in Kansas or Oklahoma is going to be a wind cesspool. There's also no shortage of nice looking women, even in the backwoods parts of the northern end of the state where I work mostly.
    There's something about women from OK, KS, TX, NE that strike me as a bit more down to earth. Less BS, less mascara and more wind and sun. Except for Dallas, of course. I couldn't live in KS for the wind and flat. I'll skip OK's severe weather, but like to ride in eastern OK (and NW AR) when the weather is good. TX is pretty awesome all around.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    All I know is that any place is awful if you keep awful company.
    This is true and probably the biggest criticism I have of my entire circle of friends: they universally choose terrible company. I am frequently rather appalled at the abysmal standards for the company they keep - in fact it seems to be the one trait all my friends have in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Wichita was a rat race? You realize 'the Road Warrior' is just a documentary about driving on Houston's freeways don't you?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Having earned my Combat Driving ribbon in Los Angeles at the age of 16, I find this amusing.

Yes, I have driven in Houston- at the height of the "The Shortest Distance Between Two Points Is Under Construction" era.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    https://life.gomcgill.com/uc-berkele...w3tcyATeDFvRoo

Jackson Kernion, a Berkeley professor, sent out a tweet that said rural Americans are "bad people who have made bad life decisions." He goes on to say that people who reject the more efficient city lifestyle should have to pay more for medical care, broadband internet, higher taxes and should have their lives be made as uncomfortable as possible until they move to the city. He says city dwellers shouldn't have to carry the burden rural Americans have placed on them through the inefficiency of the rural lifestyle.

I don't what I can say without resorting to wholly unflattering observations about the mental faculties of certain professors and the vileness of their agenda.
    Mr. Kernion, could you tell me again about making better life choices, carrying the burden others, and the inefficiency of rural lifestyle please?

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 10.32.55 PM.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  47.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Mr. Kernion, could you tell me again about making better life choices, carrying the burden others, and the inefficiency of rural lifestyle please?

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 10.32.55 PM.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  47.3 KB
    https://www.npr.org/2020/03/13/81491...rder-hit-later

Rural areas may be insulated from the first wave of infection, but once disease spreads to those areas there aren’t many healthcare resources to draw on.

I was a small-town volunteer EMT. I can assure you that those folks are not sitting around laughing at the city dwellers.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2020/03/13/81491...rder-hit-later

Rural areas may be insulated from the first wave of infection, but once disease spreads to those areas there aren’t many healthcare resources to draw on.

I was a small-town volunteer EMT. I can assure you that those folks are not sitting around laughing at the city dwellers.
    Oh, it's not a laughing matter at all. The point I was making is, that for the most part, using the map as a guide, Mr. Kernion's superior urbanites are blessing our country with this particular burden. This brings to question his opinions on superior decision making and efficient lifestyle, not to mention the asinine statement, "It should be uncomfortable to live in rural America." For all intents and purposes, you just made it uncomfortable, thanks.

User Tag List