Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rural Americans Are Bad People

Rural Americans Are Bad People

https://life.gomcgill.com/uc-berkele...w3tcyATeDFvRoo

Jackson Kernion, a Berkeley professor, sent out a tweet that said rural Americans are "bad people who have made bad life decisions." He goes on to say that people who reject the more efficient city lifestyle should have to pay more for medical care, broadband internet, higher taxes and should have their lives be made as uncomfortable as possible until they move to the city. He says city dwellers shouldn't have to carry the burden rural Americans have placed on them through the inefficiency of the rural lifestyle.

I don't what I can say without resorting to wholly unflattering observations about the mental faculties of certain professors and the vileness of their agenda.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

YES. PLEASE. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE'VE BEEN ASKING FOR--STOP "CARRYING OUR BURDEN" AND LEAVE US THE HELL ALONE PLZ KTHNXBAI

In other news, when Mosby talks about the increasing balkanization of the United States, I'm beginning to suspect he's not crazy.

I'd love to have him as a guest speaker in my rural town.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Where do all these superior Urbanites get their food, water, fuel, energy etc. Do all these necessities of life just magically appear? I think they need to read about what might happen in case of a disaster - either manmade, natural, pandemic, etc.

Where do these dumb asses think all their food comes from.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Where do these dumb asses think all their food comes from.
    Grubhub
    There's nothing civil about this war.

What an idiot.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Jackson Kernion is NOT A UC Berkeley professor. He is a PhD student.

It’s an important distinction. It is an insult to class this individual in the same level as those who have worked and accomplished more. I do not let my students call me “professor” even if I am the instructor-of-record, because it is a earned title.

The point is that the opinion of somebody who has accomplished nothing, published nothing, is worth precisely what you paid for it via Twitter; nothing.

Good luck on the job market with a Philosophy PhD, kid.

If only we could somehow harness the energy dumbasses put into being dumbasses. Global warming would be a thing of the past.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I remember this singer/song writer type on NPR (back decades ago when I sometimes listened) named Bill Harley who made the same argument, in a kid's song he wrote no less, but not quite as rudely. It is one of those things that stuck both in my head and in my craw. I remember thinking that I was paying taxes to hear the asshat and for him to have access to the airwaves. Disgusting.

User Tag List