Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rural Americans Are Bad People

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I'd rather criticize Arkansas. A couple years ago my wife and I traveled in Arkansas for the first time. I fell in love with northern Arkansas. We passed a high school whose mascot was a sand lizard. I howled with laughter. Stopping at a Walmart, I teased my wife by saying that I would start making fun of the lizard. She begged me not to. Inside Walmart, I observed that everybody looked retarded. Then two kids with cone heads walked by. My anxiety level shot up.

Here's the deal. A local center serving developmentally challenged persons had taken two bus loads of clients there on a field trip. The cone heads were unrelated to the other group--merely two local kids goofing off. Northern Arkansas was a neat place. I wish that I lived there. W Virginia is not my choice. I heard that everybody shits in the woods, even those who have an indoor toilet. Just kiddng.
    If you shit in your indoor toilet yep out have to clean it. Who’s dumb now ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If you shit in your indoor toilet yep out have to clean it. Who’s dumb now ?
    Yeah. And then it'll make the next batch of moonshine and/or meth you make taste funny shitty.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I'd rather criticize Arkansas. A couple years ago my wife and I traveled in Arkansas for the first time. I fell in love with northern Arkansas. We passed a high school whose mascot was a sand lizard. I howled with laughter. Stopping at a Walmart, I teased my wife by saying that I would start making fun of the lizard. She begged me not to. Inside Walmart, I observed that everybody looked retarded. Then two kids with cone heads walked by. My anxiety level shot up.

Here's the deal. A local center serving developmentally challenged persons had taken two bus loads of clients there on a field trip. The cone heads were unrelated to the other group--merely two local kids goofing off. Northern Arkansas was a neat place. I wish that I lived there. W Virginia is not my choice. I heard that everybody shits in the woods, even those who have an indoor toilet. Just kiddng.
    The only place that can compete with Detroit for a post-apocalypse/Walking Dead vibe is West Virginia. I've ben all over the world, including a good part of CONUS and I've never seen a more soul sucking place than WV.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

You must have been in the middle of North Arkansas west of Crowley's Ridge. Next time go a little further east. If you are still in love with it, you should probably have your head examined.

Unless you really like rice.

And you don't have to worry about shitting in the woods. There aren't any.

It is a joke where I live now. If you say something sucks you can always say, "But at least we aren't in Arkansas."

Being from Mississippi, I can talk shit about Arkansas but no other place. The reverse is true for those living in Arkansas.
    I love that people talk shit about Mississippi as it keeps them out of the Gulf Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I love that people talk shit about Mississippi as it keeps them out of the Gulf Coast.
    I've got a special place in my heart for MS.

First, it was the birthplace of true American blues.

One of my (late) partners was from Hattiesburg, R.I.P. Wadie. Another partner in the HIDTA task force, from Forest.

And last but not least, Shelby Foote.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    The only place that can compete with Detroit for a post-apocalypse/Walking Dead vibe is West Virginia. I've ben all over the world, including a good part of CONUS and I've never seen a more soul sucking place than WV.
    The impoverished parts of it can be very depressing.

My grandfather pastored a church in Logan County for 20 years. I've been all over some of the most economically depressed parts of the state.

It's one of many reasons why I've never had much sympathy for the argument of "white privilege"

A bunch of stupid motherfuckers out there do not seem to understand the difference between whites with privilege and white privilege.

Whites with privilege are some of the worst people you are going to encounter in life. Their attitudes and behaviors are by no means universal.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 02-17-2020 at 09:16 AM.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    During WW2 numerous POW camps held captured Germans. One escaped and was caught in my home town. He was surprised that the town marshall who caught him was not armed. He was amazed that mothers of American GI's insisted on feeding him. When MP's arrived to transport him back to his camp, he begged to stay. In 1953 the dude came back as an immigrant, married, and raised a passel of little Knuckleheads, all of whom did quite well.

Site Supporter
    During WW2 numerous POW camps held captured Germans. One escaped and was caught in my home town. He was surprised that the town marshall who caught him was not armed. He was amazed that mothers of American GI's insisted on feeding him. When MP's arrived to transport him back to his camp, he begged to stay. In 1953 the dude came back as an immigrant, married, and raised a passel of little Knuckleheads, all of whom did quite well.
    Here’s a short video you might find interesting @willie

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I would move to WV if my wife would let me. The slogan “Wild and Wonderful” is not just a description of nature. I stopped at a neighbor’s place down there on my way home from a meeting in DC once and I was still in a suit. The neighbor ran out in the yard yelling at me and pointed a shotgun right at me. I calmly stated who I was, he apologized and said he didn’t have his glasses on. They invited me in for supper and we sat on the porch and ate pie.

If a post-apocalypse world has pie, I’d consider pushing the button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List