Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should I buy adjustable sights?

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Slightly OT but is there an issue related to this? When I bought my new pistol with a FO sight I went with 3 as I wanted the "dot" right on top of what I was aiming at.
    That sounds like an eminently sensible approach for fiber optic sights-and makes me think it would be particularly useful if you're concurrently running one gun with fiber optics, and another with a RDS.

But for irons or irons with dots, I think #2 still works best for me.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Slightly OT but is there an issue related to this? When I bought my new pistol with a FO sight I went with 3 as I wanted the "dot" right on top of what I was aiming at.
    No real issues. I drive the dot with irons simply because I'm unable to focus on the top of the front sight.

Sight picture 2 (what I call center of mass from my service rifle days) doesn't give me any better accuracy and is slower.

It's also why every handgun I own gets a fiber optic front if it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    No real issues. I drive the dot with irons simply because I'm unable to focus on the top of the front sight.

Sight picture 2 (what I call center of mass from my service rifle days) doesn't give me any better accuracy and is slower.

It's also why every handgun I own gets a fiber optic front if it's possible.
    Indeed, I partially bought the new pistol because it is RDS compatible. I haven't made the jump but likely in a year.

Folks,

Thanks so much for your wonderful replies. I think the next step for me is to go back to the range and really work on my trigger press.

The reason I started using sight picture 3 is because someone suggested it try using it.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by randyflycaster View Post
    The reason I started using sight picture 3 is because someone suggested it try using it.
    My personal rule is that I always ask for the "why" behind every suggestion I get. If the person offering advice can't articulate the reason for or benefit of their advice, I'm inclined to ignore it.

I like deep notches; like .120 or .130. I haven't found an adjustable with deep notches.
    So I'm stuck with fixed sights.

User Tag List