Thread: 1187 WML

1187 WML

I've been trying different lights on my 1187 for quite some time and have finally come up with a WML Lego that I really like. It's reasonably compact, high quality and has performance fitting for a defensive shotgun;

This WML was built with the following components;

• Oveready 3P clone Delrin-aluminum body (discontinued)
    • Surefire Z32 shock-isolated bezel (found new on ebay)
    • Surefire Z49 tailcap
    • EDC Plus X60LT P60 XP-L Hi drop-in (560 lumens/18,000 candela) powered by a single IMR 18350 1200mAh cell
    • CDM MOD-C mount

As you can see the light sits very close to the barrel and magazine, making for a nice, snag-free set up. The performance is perfect for a SG and IMO, it looks great on this 1187 as well. I think I'm now done tinkering with WMLs for this one.

That looks less bulky than the Mesa Tactical mount I have on my 1187. One of these days I'm going to get some wood furniture and have a V/R barrel shortened for mine.

That looks, and I値l bet functions really nice. Love how tight it is to the mag/barrel...
    Mine is here (pictures), but I値l admit, I知 jealous...

Would you mind weighing it in ounces, if possible. I知 always concerned about weight, especially up front, and especially on a heavy shotgun. Thanks in advance... 👍

Beautiful shotgun BTW...
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboytim View Post
    That looks, and I値l bet functions really nice. Love how tight it is to the mag/barrel...
    Mine is here (pictures), but I値l admit, I知 jealous...

Would you mind weighing it in ounces, if possible. I知 always concerned about weight, especially up front, and especially on a heavy shotgun. Thanks in advance... 👍

Beautiful shotgun BTW...
    Thanks! I'll weigh it, but my guess is it's around eight ounces.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    I've been trying different lights on my 1187 for quite some time and have finally come up with a WML Lego that I really like. It's reasonably compact, high quality and has performance fitting for a defensive shotgun;

This WML was built with the following components;

• Oveready 3P clone Delrin-aluminum body (discontinued)
    • Surefire Z32 shock-isolated bezel (found new on ebay)
    • Surefire Z49 tailcap
    • EDC Plus X60LT P60 XP-L Hi drop-in (560 lumens/18,000 candela) powered by a single IMR 18350 1200mAh cell
    • CDM MOD-C mount

As you can see the light sits very close to the barrel and magazine, making for a nice, snag-free set up. The performance is perfect for a SG and IMO, it looks great on this 1187 as well. I think I'm now done tinkering with WMLs for this one.
    Finding a stock and foreend set that nice is on my want list this year! VERY nice setup!

Thanks!

On my 1201FP, I used a set-up from Surefire. It was a machined piece that matched the contour of the extended magazine tube and had Weaver/Pic-like channels for the light mount. That piece attached to the tube via a hose clamp on each end. I can dig it out and post pictures if you are interested.

User Tag List