Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Tenn factory build quality good?

Quote Originally Posted by Rmiked View Post
    The front sight picture is exactly what I saw today! And the rear was moved so far left it was outside the slide dovetail cut a noticeable amount. Just seems unnecessary when paying $1000. I love Beretta 92s. I don’t want to look at that every time I shoot if not required. The rear sight install just screams “I don’t care about attention to detail.” I would rather buy one with no sights and install myself.
    I wish that companies would offer them without sights as I tend to change these immediately. They could reduce their cost anywhere from maybe 2 cents (Glock) to 20 dollars plus whatever labor costs for install if they just left them off. The average gun owner probably would have the same size groups with or without sights anyway.

I no longer purchase all metal pistols online, sight unseen, unless it's a raging good deal that can't be had anywhere else. While firearms with issues can be rejected at transfer, it's just not worth the headache for the buyer and both participating dealers.

Plastic guns, whatever.

My Brig Tac is a beauty. My Elite LTT is awesome!! My Cen Tac has the sloppily machined front slide that many others do. However I didn’t even notice it until others mentioned it on the Beretta Forum. They all shoot incredibly well though.

Just picked up a 92X Performance this afternoon, made in Italy. Incredibly machined and fitted. It’s a piece of art!

The local gun shop Gun Mgr (Beretta dealer) today told me he just shot the 92X Performance at some Beretta dealer event. He said it was awesome! He also said “it should be awesome, and it was awesome”.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Why pass on the opportunity to buy a pistol with a trigger tune from Langdon by buying elsewhere?
    When you get an Elite LTT to your door for just over $750... I've got two other 92 series with the TJIB and I'm more than happy with it, will order the trigger job independently down the road.

I'm all about the 92, and maybe I'm getting spoiled because I've got a fair round count through the first two, and both have the better trigger in them, I actually was a little surprised how less than stellar the LTT trigger was right out of the box, but it's been a long day since I shot a stock trigger with a D spring.

This is my first TN gun. My M9 is from MD, and the 92 compact from Italy. All are quite good, the LTT does have some mild machining marks in the slide, but not what I find to be bad at all. There have been plenty on the Beretta Forum that have had sloppy machining/finish, but I would indeed hope that their QC will come up as they really get things rolling.

I've looked at a few TN guns and they have lopsided slides when looking from the front.

I had a TN M9A3 that shaved bullets when feeding and would spray shards of jacket in your face when you shot it. Was quite obnoxious suppressed.

That's the only one I had function issues with.

The LTTs I shot easily turned in the best groups of any pistol I've owned. And I've owned pistols that cost 5X as much as an LTT with a trigger job!

I had a Cent-Tac..the right slide of the slide looked like someone let the mill go just a bit too far as there was a slight cut into the area in front of the locking block slot.. It wasn’t very deep, maybe. .010 but still,that’s pretty sloppy machine work, considering Beretta has been making these for decades. OTOH, my stainless Vertec, made in Maryland at their old shop has literally been flawless, the machine work in the slide is much cleaner IMO..I would not buy a new Beretta sight unseen, unless it was maybe an LTT gun, I remember when some of these QC issues popped up with the Cent-Tacs, and the first thing WC did, was to refer everyone to Beretta... It was like, they didn’t want anything to do with it.. If I was smart, I’d take my vertec, and install a TJIB from LTT, change the sights (I’ve already installed a decocker kit in it) and maybe carry that around for awhile..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I had a Cent-Tac..the right slide of the slide looked like someone let the mill go just a bit too far as there was a slight cut into the area in front of the locking block slot.. It wasn’t very deep, maybe. .010 but still,that’s pretty sloppy machine work, considering Beretta has been making these for decades. OTOH, my stainless Vertec, made in Maryland at their old shop has literally been flawless, the machine work in the slide is much cleaner IMO..I would not buy a new Beretta sight unseen, unless it was maybe an LTT gun, I remember when some of these QC issues popped up with the Cent-Tacs, and the first thing WC did, was to refer everyone to Beretta... It was like, they didn’t want anything to do with it.. If I was smart, I’d take my vertec, and install a TJIB from LTT, change the sights (I’ve already installed a decocker kit in it) and maybe carry that around for awhile..
    FWIW, the slight cut you're referring at the front of the locking block slot in the slide is probably the relief cut. I'd bet there's a version of that on your MD slide.

Site Supporter
    The Tenn 92 in my lgs was shipped with the trigger sticking in the rear position. Trigger bar was dragging on grip panel.
    CDNN sometimes has killer deals on 92's. The folks answering the phone know their stock and are courteous. For them time is money so I suggest that if you call, then organize thoughts first and resist temptation to chat.

92X Centurion build quality

I bought a 92X Centurion after handling it for about 30 seconds at a sporting store. I have taken it apart a lot while changing the hammer, hammer spring, trigger bar and grip panels ( I would like to see an easy way to change those).
    What I have noticed everywhere inside is the quality of the machine work. The finish on my take down lever looks like the pictures of seen on other posts but I’m fine with it. As far as the barrel being centered, I will leave that to the pros.

User Tag List