Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Tenn factory build quality good?

Beretta 92 Tenn factory build quality good?

I’m buying a 92 Elite LTT from LGS. My 92A1 is Italian Made and quality is great. When the TN factory got started I was reading about some QC issues with M9A3s and some other 92 decocker pins walking out? Is the current production quality good?

Thanks for the link. Probably the best advice is to inspect carefully before buying. That approach could hurt online sales. I have bought 2 Italian 92A1s, and both had great quality in machining, fit and finish. I gave one to my son and still own one myself.

Vending Machine Operator
    Speaking solely for myself, at this time I’m only buying Italian. I expect that to change as Beretta smooths out QC. I also wouldn’t hesitate to buy direct from LTT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmiked View Post
    Thanks for the link. Probably the best advice is to inspect carefully before buying. That approach could hurt online sales. I have bought 2 Italian 92A1s, and both had great quality in machining, fit and finish. I gave one to my son and still own one myself.
    Yup.

I bought an Italian made 92a1 as a Christmas present for my son which had some locking block /slide fit issues.

TN has been and continues to be more of a crap shoot than earlier Berettas IME. I've seen two issues with TN made Berettas:

1) within the first year of TN production went to buy a Wilson Brig tac. store had more than one in stock so they went to get me one from the back. Luckily I examined it closely as it had an issue with the magazines not locking in. thought it might be a bad mag but it had the same issues with mags from the counter display gun. Wound up buying the display gun which was also TN made and has been excellent.

2) Last year I bought a 92 LTT via normal dealer / distributor channels. After windage / POI issues, I noticed the front sight, which is dovetailed but is staked in place, was not centered, so far off the rear could not be drifted enough to compensate. Dealer swapped it out for another which has been ok but I would recommend buying from LTT direct if you want one.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    I’ve bought my TN produced berettas direct from LTT, and am overall satisfied with their aesthetics and finish. Their performance has been exemplary, and that’s what matters most to me. I feel like sourcing them from LTT is a good idea anyway, one of several reasons being he or his staff have put eyes on them.

LockedBreech: Would buying direct from LTT help? They all come from Tenn first, correct? Or are you implying LTT would inspect and reject guns with defects?

Also, am I correct that no LTT Elite 92s made in Italy?

Based on HCM comments, Italian guns could have issues.

My 2 Italian 92A1s are great but I realize any could have issues.

My LTT Elite had a mark that looks like the mill or drill bit skipped or walked near the trigger pin hole and wallowed out some material near the surface. The Bruniton finish also was flaked off on an area on the bottom of the slide. The front sight was off center and pushed almost all the way in the dovetail to one side, then staked into the wrong position with the stake mark impacting both slide and sight base. POI was significantly off horizontally as expected, but after drifting it with an MGW tool, POI was corrected.

I had a WC Brig Tac where the finish flaked off on an area of the slide and required significant windage to correct POI. Obviously not sighted in correctly at the factory. Some other Gallatin Beretta slides I have seen had small bubbles in the finish or unfinished areas without Bruniton finish on the inside (but appear to have been adequately parkerized).

I have also an Italian 92FS I bought around 2016 or 2017 where the barrel was angled and touching the inside of the slide hood. Beretta considers this a cosmetic issue. I emailed them and they sent me a link to a page explaining that it's a cosmetic issue. The pistol required windage of the rear sight so far that part of the unfinished area of the dovetail cut was exposed.

Love Beretta pistols, but I definitely would inspect in person before buying any 92 pistol now.
    Last edited by FreedomFries; 01-27-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I’ve bought my TN produced berettas direct from LTT, and am overall satisfied with their aesthetics and finish. Their performance has been exemplary, and that’s what matters most to me. I feel like sourcing them from LTT is a good idea anyway, one of several reasons being he or his staff have put eyes on them.
    My LTT was an impulse buy and I did a partial trade in on it. If I buy another, which I may, i plan to buy direct from LTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmiked View Post
    LockedBreech: Would buying direct from LTT help?
    Why pass on the opportunity to buy a pistol with a trigger tune from Langdon by buying elsewhere?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List