Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Core Drills vs Tests. A PF exclusive on improving your practice/training sessions.

Drills:
    - indoors: doubles, Garcia dots, transition drills including one handed, shot calling on partials, 25 yard upper A zone shooting.
    - outdoors: exits, entries, shooting on the move.

Tests: match and classifiers results.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Drills:
    - indoors: doubles, Garcia dots, transition drills including one handed, shot calling on partials, 25 yard upper A zone shooting.
    - outdoors: exits, entries, shooting on the move.

Tests: match and classifiers results.
    That is pretty much where I was at in 2018 then some health issues sidelined me for most of last year. Just getting back into it now and danged if I don't feel like I am almost starting over. Probably still won't be able to get back to USPSA this year. Maybe just steel challenge. Was hoping you and some of the other known quantity good shooters would chime in on this thread.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    @GJM made this comment on a training journal:

What are your “Core Drills” that you use in your training regimen? What tests do you use to confirm your skills?

Thanks to @GJM for suggesting this thread. Let’s hear your thoughts everyone!
    Thank you for starting the thread! Interested in responses.

Core drills: are to build the the basic pistol skills IMO. From memory: draw, marksmanship, recoil control, transitions, reloads, movement? (I am probably listing these incorrectly).

Tests confirm the skills.

User Tag List