Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's in your toolset

Milwaukee. Take care of them, and call it a day.

I was interested to read that Walmart has just partnered with Hart tools as a Walmart house brand. Hart tools is owned by the parent company of Milwaukee and Ryobi.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out over time.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    I was interested to read that Walmart has just partnered with Hart tools as a Walmart house brand. Hart tools is owned by the parent company of Milwaukee and Ryobi.

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out over time.
    Probably as well as everything else Wal-Mart does. They spec out the item, and what they’re willing to pay, and then the company cuts corners to meet the price point, and...shockingly...it’s junk.

Good info on drill vs impact driver

And a hybrid

Milwaukee 2402-20 M12 FUEL Lithium-Ion 1/4 in. Hex 2-Speed Screwdriver

Site Supporter
    Just as an aside. If you're hunting for tools in a pawn shop or yard sale, and you run across the Metabo brand priced decently, go ahead and pick it up. Metabo doesn't get much press because they're so tremendously expensive, but their quality (especially on the metalworking end of the line) surpasses Milwaukee by a good bit. Due to their expense, you usually only see them on the trucks of independent contractors who don't loan tools out or have one or two employees. I did finally kill a Metabo flat-head grinder when I ran over it with a 963 track-loader in a concrete-floored shop.

As to Milwaukee's quality, I agree that it's up there, but it's also running somewhat on yesterday's steam and is still built to a price point. In the last 5 years I've had warranty work done on two of the small M18 Fuel 1/2" impact guns (both suffered a drastic loss of power), had one M18 battery replaced under warranty, and just got the same nearly-new 4.5" M18 Fuel grinder back for the same type of power loss thing for the SECOND time. So the brushless tools aren't foolproof. But when they work, they work, and the added power and battery life is a real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    Just as an aside. If you're hunting for tools in a pawn shop or yard sale, and you run across the Metabo brand priced decently, go ahead and pick it up.
    I've got a 25+ year old Metabo grinder that refuses to die. This is good advice. In the rare event that you should encounter a Metabo priced low, snap that sucker up.

User Tag List