Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viktos CCW Slingbag

Site Supporter

Viktos CCW Slingbag

Anyone with experience or insight on the Viktos CCW Slingbag? I don't like off body carry, but it seems the best way to carry to and from my NPE retirement gig. Thanks and be safe.

No experience with that bag, but it looks like a better option than the VertX offerings. It appears you can choose to sling it on either side buy changing which side you attach the shoulder strap to, and you can also access the gun from either side.

I've preferred wearing my fanny pack as a sling bag, and this looks like the perfect size in between an actual fanny back and most sling bags for carrying the essentials. I currently use the VertX Transit sling, it's as big as I would go for a sling bag.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

I've preferred wearing my fanny pack as a sling bag, and this looks like the perfect size in between an actual fanny back and most sling bags for carrying the essentials. I currently use the VertX Transit sling, it's as big as I would go for a sling bag.

I just ordered the new belt-kit bag from HPG for the same reasons, finding an appropriate size that can be slung when needed.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/.../ProductID/129
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Thanks, guys. The HPG bag seems intriguing and I like the quality of my HPG kit bag.

Additional opinions always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I just ordered the new belt-kit bag from HPG for the same reasons, finding an appropriate size that can be slung when needed.

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/.../ProductID/129

Let me know what you think, I think I’m going to pick one up as well. I have a Runners kit bag that I really like. (My wife hates it though haha)

HPG designs and makes excellent products. (Well, some, if not all, of the fabric products are actually manufactured by First Spear, which is, itself, well-regarded.) We have Kit Bags, in assorted colors and configurations, but even the SAR-oriented red color will raise red flags at check points, as my wife learned while entering a venue that prohibited weapons. (She was not carrying a weapon at the time. She volunteers at numerous events, and does have an FCC amateur radio license, as well as a Texas License To Carry.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    HPG designs and makes excellent products. (Well, some, if not all, of the fabric products are actually manufactured by First Spear, which is, itself, well-regarded.) We have Kit Bags, in assorted colors and configurations, but even the SAR-oriented red color will raise red flags at check points, as my wife learned while entering a venue that prohibited weapons. (She was not carrying a weapon at the time. She volunteers at numerous events, and does have an FCC amateur radio license, as well as a Texas License To Carry.)
    I agree they are not the most low-profile things out there. Funny you should mention your wife’s experience. I have the red SAR bag as well and use it for field work and wildfire assignments; the pistol pocket fits my Samsung tablet pretty well. Anyhow, I was on a bigger fire last year and had a few different people come up and ask me if the rig was meant for a gun... they didn’t recognize the brand or anything else.

Hopefully the black iteration of the belt kit bag is not as overt. I am planning on having some tree hugger-esque patch sewn on as well.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post

Hopefully the black iteration of the belt kit bag is not as overt. I am planning on having some tree hugger-esque patch sewn on as well.
    Mine arrived this week. I like the design and it’s not overly large for being able to carry a Glock 19 size pistol.

I even experimented a few times wearing my HPG Runners Kit bag, Eagle Fanny Pack and Maxpedition sling in public. A And the one person that ever said anything was a doctor at the urgent care the time I injured my Achilles regarding the Maxpedition sling. He happen to have the same bag and showed me haha. In the main compartment I typically had a diaper, baby wipes, bandaids. Now that I see so many people using the Supreme brand cross body and Fanny packs or ASRV it typically doesn’t set off red flags IMO. Most people are looking at their phones and rarely pay attention to their surroundings, at least here in California.

I ordered one to try -- seems to fit a niche for me and doesn't look too... well, I don't know that a bag's ever going to be discrete, but it looks to sit more on the REI end of the spectrum than the 5.11 side. Goal is to use it as a small daypack for single-day hikes and perhaps as a manpurse for the gym. My fiance uses a sling bag for that purpose and it works well enough.

The plan is to stuff it with a water bottle, a few power bars, a few TQs and a trauma kit, flashlight, a few basic tools (knife, multitool, etc.), and some spare batteries -- and, where necessary, a gun. I think all of that'll fit, though the water bottle may be tight.

User Tag List