Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite IWB Mag Pouch

Your Favorite IWB Mag Pouch

Lately I've been interested in trying some type of IWB mag pouch and was curious to see what others are running. I currently have the Tenicor Fero but after seeing this post https://www.instagram.com/p/B6jdLNFhKDj/ I liked how sleek it looked and figured I'd give IWB a shot. What mag pouches are you guys running?
    Last edited by alex; 01-27-2020 at 12:43 AM.

Site Supporter
    That looks real similar to the one that JM custom makes. It is ok, but I seem to get hot spots if it isn't placed perfectly for me. It hides well though and makes for a lot less "lumps" under the shirt than an OWB mag holder.

My favorite is the JMCK high ride aiwb with dual soft loops. I find it the most stable and comfortable. The DarkStar Gear koala is an excellent option as well. While i enjoy it's flexibility(covers many platforms/magazine sizes) I don't find the single attachment point as stable and haven't put enough effort into seeing if I can get two loops on it some how. A dual loop version would be the cat's meow. Both will likely serve you well though. Even though I like the JMCK better, I think having a jmck for my current platform and then keeping a koala in the range bag as a loaner/random guns I don't shoot often/universal option is a solid plan.

Pairing a koala and a Phlster floodlight would cover a lot of ground in the gear world without requiring separate purchases when playing with other guns.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I like the Dark Star Gear Koala a lot. The ride height and mag height inside the pouch is adjustable. The cant can move with you depending on where you wear it. I wear it at ~10:00 to 10:30 above the hip / leg crease.

https://darkstargear.com/product/koala/

I like JMCKs offerings. For pocket carry im a fan of the neo mag.

I used a Sparks IPD that carried two mags when I carried a 3913. I've not tried an IWB for double stack mags but Galco has one out in leather now that I might try.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    I like the Dark Star Gear Koala a lot. The ride height and mag height inside the pouch is adjustable. The cant can move with you depending on where you wear it. I wear it at ~10:00 to 10:30 above the hip / leg crease.

https://darkstargear.com/product/koala/
    This was another option I was looking at; will this accept DCC clips?

JMCK AIWB (not high ride) is perfect for a 20rd Mec-Gar.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    This was another option I was looking at; will this accept DCC clips?
    I use a PTD loop on it but I can't see any reason a DCC wouldn't work. Maybe it says on the website I linked to?

I also have been using the JMCK:
    Name:  JMCK MP.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  26.6 KB

Also to clarify, I carry IWB at 3:00 but have switched the mag over to AWIB. Just ain't that much room left at 9:00 inside my belt, but move the mag over in front of my hip and it is much more comfortable. I have also started pushing the mag (it is an adjustable stop) farther down into the pouch. Not going to be as fast but more comfortable when seated.

User Tag List