Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Old eyes and home defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Point shoot (metal on meat) the fucker
    This is my only option as well.

Dryfire drills in the dark with a flashlight are great if you can see the sights at all, but I would have to put the gun 3" from my face and squint.

Thanks Alpha, now I have a new mantra that will hopefully play in my head if I am in the fighting near-blind situation. Catchy. 😎

And it's another reason to stick with revolvers, not that I need one.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Back in the early 80's when I first attended FLETC, the BP agents would be up before the rest of us, raising the flag, getting their PT done and handling their business. Their shit was tight and they made the rest of us look like slackers.
    I most definitely don't want to know what business they were "handling", but hopefully, they used protection.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Anyone considered what would happen if your glasses got knocked off or broken?
    Point shoot (metal on meat) the fucker
    That's where I am, too. I can see the laser dot, but fine-focus on the sights isn't possible without glasses. More than likely, a metal-on-meat shot will be a Bobbittizing event.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    More than likely, a metal-on-meat shot will be a Bobbittizing event.
    LOL

That'll hurt

I might've mentioned this before but shooting uspsa targets without my glasses at ever increasing distances is on my to do list for my next range trip.

I'd like to know what to expect.

Site Supporter
    I might've mentioned this before but shooting uspsa targets without my glasses at ever increasing distances is on my to do list for my next range trip.

I'd like to know what to expect.
    FWIW, I did a low-light class a couple of months ago and part of the drill was shooting IDPA targets at five yards without lights when it was too dark to see your sights. Keeping shots in the -0 was no problem. We didn't shoot farther than that, but I think that seven yards would've worked out okay too.

Talk to many people who have defensively shot other people, from 0-10 yards majority never used sights in the manner they and most all train to...top of firearm is in your vision typically just under line of sight. Looking over it basically. Same same often with clearing houses.

Bright front sight or electronic dot on target is mo'better but as long you know it's definitely a deadly threat, at short range sight picture isn't a real issue IMO. The worry with poor vision is precision shot with a more distant target.

Something to think about as far as home defense goes. Just like training WHO or SHO if you wear glasses it would be good to do some training with them off. Also try strong tape on rear sight, dominant eye closed or blocked off, etc.

User Tag List