Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad news, Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Yup....
    yup

https://www.odmp.org/officer/11687-p...ge-reyes-saenz

(Gone, but never forgotten.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

A sad day, especially for the surviving family members. RIP.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I thought it had to be a joke when my wife called me over to tell me. I mean James passes him last night for 3rd all-time in scoring and then this? WTF?

The cynic in me said faking his death was a cheaper way then buying his wife a bigger pink diamond. Then reports came in with more people and his daughters. Sorry for their losses.

So we are all going to bash Taren but forget that Kobe raped a girl in 2003?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    So we are all going to bash Taren but forget that Kobe raped a girl in 2003?
    Not particularly a fan of Kobe or basketball "spectator-ship" in general, but he wasn't convicted and the accuser refused to testify in the criminal case.

What we do know is that he was stepping out on his wife, presumably with adults, and the two sorted it out and have remained married ever since.

With Taran, we have video and other forms of proof that at best he has questionable judgement regarding his professional and personal relationships and at worst he's a predator of young, possibly underage, girls.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Not particularly a fan of Kobe or basketball "spectator-ship" in general, but he wasn't convicted and the accuser refused to testify in the criminal case.

What we do know is that he was stepping out on his wife, presumably with adults, and the two sorted it out and have remained married ever since.

With Taran, we have video and other forms of proof that at best he has questionable judgement regarding his professional and personal relationships and at worst he's a predator of young, possibly underage, girls.

Chris
    She perused a civil suit against him and settled for money. Why pay her if she was full of it?

Of course, we'll never know but I believe she said her reasoning for not testifying was because she didn't want to be the target of every Kobe fanboy in America. Again, who knows.

Site Supporter
    It matters not now. My comment does not detract from the young girl's complaint or statement.

About helicopters. Here we can subscribe to a helicopter ambulance service. I do not because the ride to the hospital is too dangerous.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    She perused a civil suit against him and settled for money. Why pay her if she was full of it?

Of course, we'll never know but I believe she said her reasoning for not testifying was because she didn't want to be the target of every Kobe fanboy in America. Again, who knows.
    People and companies alike settle civil suits all the time to put an end to the process or because fighting would cost more even if they won. It raises eyebrows, but is not an ironclad indicator of guilt.

Chris

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    About helicopters. Here we can subscribe to a helicopter ambulance service. I do not because the ride to the hospital is too dangerous.
    The risk there is that you may not have a say after a motor vehicle crash and they may call a helo service that you're not insured with.

The hidden scam of those is that those subscriptions often allow them to jump in and poach if you sue the other party and win or get a settlement.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    People and companies alike settle civil suits all the time to put an end to the process or because fighting would cost more even if they won. It raises eyebrows, but is not an ironclad indicator of guilt.
    That is especially true if an insurance company is handling the defense case.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List