Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sad news, Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

Sad news, Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash

I thought it had to be a joke when my wife called me over to tell me. I mean James passes him last night for 3rd all-time in scoring and then this? WTF?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I thought it had to be a joke when my wife called me over to tell me. I mean James passes him last night for 3rd all-time in scoring and then this? WTF?
    This is the exact topic I was discussing with my boys...and this bad news came.

Kobe will be forever remembered as a Basketball legend.

Simong.

I admit, I am stunned by this.

I am a big basketball fan and while I was never a huge fan of Kobe the man and player, I respected his accomplishments and contributions to the sport.

As a retired champion, Kobe was doing a lot to promote basketball and help mentor young players and talent. He was probably more dedicated to the sport than many realize and he was definitely more than just a player. He helped so many, and gave a lot, and was building a legacy now that was more than just championships and professional records.

The basketball world, the pro sports world, and frankly our world, is diminished by not having him serve as a mentor and role model to many.

I’m hearing reports that some of the other 4 killed might be members of his immediate family. At least 1 daughter was thought to be on board.

I have a lot of time on the S-76 as it was my hospital’s aircraft during residency. We had 4 of them - all staffed with a RN and MD (one of the few that always flew a doctor). Overall, it has a good safety record. However, all of us who spent a lot of time around helicopters know someone who was killed or badly injured on one. This is why I now refuse to put my patients on them unless there is some time-sensitive therapy that is needed.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Damn. Sorry to hear.

Rest In Peace.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Nine fatalities.

As for the cause(s), I’ll wait for the NTSB reports.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

So far, they have acknowledged his oldest daughter, a local college baseball coach, the coach’s wife were all onboard the aircraft. Nine it total is confirmed.

Truly a sad day.

As to the cause, so far only reports of fog in the area and someone “heard a helicopter struggling” whatever that means. Nothing to me. I too wait to see what the NTSB reports.

Sad day for many families, friends, and fans.

No idea what happened, but flying single pilot in instrument and marginal conditions is high workload, and especially so in a helicopter.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

"However, all of us who spent a lot of time around helicopters know someone who was killed or badly injured on one."
    Yup....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List