Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta 92A1 vs LTT Elite 92 take-down lever and recoil buffer question

Site Supporter
    RMiked, the automatic reset is unique to the 92A1/90Two. All other models require you to reset the lever yourself.

Noah, thanks for confirmation. I think it’s a cool feature. Not a huge deal but Beretta does not currently describe it in the overview of 92A1. I thought I read where a guy failed to reset his 92FS assembly lever and when he racked the slide to chamber a round his slide came off and went down the range lane a few feet. Am curious what the difference internally is to allow the auto reset. Seems like it would be simpler to manufacture them all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmiked View Post
    Am curious what the difference internally is to allow the auto reset.
    I don't know specifics, but the take down button is different. The 92A1/96A1 has a small round button, while all the other M9/92 variants have a larger oval button.

Quote Originally Posted by Rmiked View Post
    Does the take-down lever on 92 FS and LTT automatically reset when you pull the slide back? Or do you have to manually reset the take-down lever on reassembly? The 92A1 automatically resets when you pull slide back.
    I was kind of embarrassed that I wasn't sure of the answer. So I grabbed my desk pistol to be sure. To reassemble I push the slide on until the hammer moves a little and rotate the takedown lever w/ my thumb.

When I get my LTT Elite I’m gonna have to remember this difference from my 92A1. I am use to the auto reset when pulling slide back. If I slingshot the slide off the LTT Elite when racking it I am gonna be upset at myself. And if in public, embarrassed.

User Tag List