Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Someone is going to get banned for

I can't keep track of the Japanese whiskey types. I typically just buy a $30-50 bottle when flying through Narita or Hong Kong and it usually tastes good.

Last time I was in Taipei I picked up a bottle of Kavalan which was fantastic. It was a bit more expensive but truly great. That and Suntory Chita have been the more memorable ones lately.

Smithsonian Channel has been running a series on the WWII in the Pacific recently. I don't remember if it was on Okinawa or Saipan, but there was footage of a cleanup going on and there was a Suntory crate visible. Just an interesting note I suppose...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Evan Williams on payday. Then PBR for about 3 weeks.
    Do you mean PBR Whisky? Aged five seconds you know.

https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/a...nds-interview/
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post

Nope. Never heard of it. That looks like it would go down real smooth.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I unironically want to try this.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    I unironically want to try this.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I use to watch those guys. Not sure if it's their sense of humor and my lack of it but I find their videos extremely frustrating. I avoid their stuff like the plague / Covid.

I picked up a bottle today. Paired it with a Patel Edge tonight and am enjoying it very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Since this was resurrected...... I had a short but deep dive into Japanese whiskey a couple years ago. There's a lot of good stuff but it's a very shady business. You'd be surprised at how much of it today is just re-bottled/rebranded Irish whiskey. Yamazaki 12 was great but not for the price it's going for today. 15 years ago I was buying it for $39.99 now it's in the $150 range here

Check out Indian and Taiwan whiskeys. Some good stuff. Amarut, Paul John and Kavalan should be available in most places

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Since this was resurrected...... I had a short but deep dive into Japanese whiskey a couple years ago. There's a lot of good stuff but it's a very shady business. You'd be surprised at how much of it today is just re-bottled/rebranded Irish whiskey. Yamazaki 12 was great but not for the price it's going for today. 15 years ago I was buying it for $39.99 now it's in the $150 range here

Check out Indian and Taiwan whiskeys. Some good stuff. Amarut, Paul John and Kavalan should be available in most places

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I'm not a big fan of Japanese whisky but really enjoy the Nikka Coffey MALT (not the grain).
    Still haven't seen the PBR anywhere
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List