Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What model is this?

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Am I nuts, or do I remember 3” J frames back in the 90s with lugged barrels and a choice between fixed and adjustable sights? Only five shots, but it’s close.

Personally, I think it’s a mistake for you to not consider the Kimber. I have a 3” DA, and the fixed sights are very nice.
    Ok thanks I will if I can find one.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    The Kimber K6 comes closest to what you want.
    Am I nuts, or do I remember 3” J frames back in the 90s with lugged barrels and a choice between fixed and adjustable sights? Only five shots, but it’s close.

Personally, I think it’s a mistake for you to not consider the Kimber. I have a 3” DA, and the fixed sights are very nice.
    Thanks guys. You were correct. Handled two today. 2”&3” If I can find a holster with foam pad and tuck and an enclosed backstrap grip this will most likely be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Thanks guys. You were correct. Handled two today. 2”&3” If I can find a holster with foam pad and tuck and an enclosed backstrap grip this will most likely be the one.
    We talked about these grips recently:

https://store.kimberamerica.com/k6s-control-core-grips
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

We talked about these grips recently:

https://store.kimberamerica.com/k6s-control-core-grips
    Just talked with Kimber. They said they sell out of those grips as soon as they get them in and they should be back in stock within two to three weeks.

There is a model not on their website CC concealed carry it has a blasted finish, non tritium sights and the core grip. The 3” is at Buds for 650 and weirdly enough the two inch is 799.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    That Bud's price is $100 less than any on gun.deals. Occasionally, Bud's totally drops its shorts on an item to move some volume. This appears to be one of those times.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Hey was

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    That Bud's price is $100 less than any on gun.deals. Occasionally, Bud's totally drops its shorts on an item to move some volume. This appears to be one of those times.
    I asked the guy at the counter about that. He said they update prices every 20 min. So even if they have it at another location and the distributor has it cheaper you get the distributor price. What doesnt make sense to me is that the 2”
    Was 150 more than the three inch. Im guessing but dont know the two inch with the core grip is in higher demand so a distributor is gouging.
    Or you could be correct and they just want to move them. Kimber said they had zero inventory on the 3” but had inventory on the 2”
    You would think a non tritium gun would have a lower price and the 650 made sense.
    Unfortunately they don't have any in the rental counter so I didn't get a chance to shoot one.

User Tag List