Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What model is this?

What model is this?

I want to find two 6 shot snubbys +P 38. One with adjustable sights and one fixed. DAO with enclosed hammer on the fixed and would prefer the same on the adj sight model
    What do I need to be on the lookout for. Model wise and generation wise.
    Last edited by UNK; 01-25-2020 at 03:17 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

That's a tough one.
    The Smith 242 is a SEVEN shot L frame Ti-Lite Centennial.
    A 66 with bobbed hammer is as close as I can come for adjustable sights.

A real Colt Cobra and a Diamondback with the ugly hammer shroud.

The Kimber revolver might do.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Happy to be mistaken, but I'm virtually certain that among reputable revolver manufacturers you're not going to find a DAO enclosed hammer snubby with adjustable sights.

What's your intended use and how much wiggle room in desired set-up? Also, are you open to any maker, or only certain ones?
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I want to find two 6 shot snubbys +P 38. One with adjustable sights and one fixed. DAO with enclosed hammer on the fixed and would prefer the same on the adj sight model.
    There is a racing adage that says "Good, Fast, Cheap, pick two" and I think this is that dilemma. You can get what you want in five shot, or bobbed hammer instead of enclosed. And some of them are not all that "snubby", and most of those options are 357, if that bothers you.
    Ruger is showing this 2.5" GP as an exclusive right now, it looks kinda cool, but they aint small:
    Name:  GP100.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  29.4 KB

Thx for replying. I really know very little about revolvers except what i read here. What has piqued my interest is the statements about how much better the triggers are on the larger revolvers. I have two j frames one aluminum and one scandium with the big dot. The triggers have been worked over by a S&W armorer. They are great to carry but not a lot of fun to shoot. They are just too small for my size hands but enclosed backstrap grips help.
    I guess Ill have to wait for COLT or S&W to come out with what I am looking for. I think ideally an alloy frame in a Colt Night Cobra with a shroud would be perfect. Or maybe an alloy Smith 66 . Not sure about that Ill have to look for one of the steel frame models next week to check the size.
    Ideally this revolver would have a front sight with options and rear blade options as Id really like to have the rear notch outlined in white and various notch sizes. But thats just because of my aging vision issues.
    I bought but sold the model 60 but one the tritium was damn near invisible and i couldn't find any options and the rear notch was way too small and again no options.
    I have started doing research on the older models but the only thing that bothers me about that is who am I going to send them to if I want to have something done to them.
    Last edited by UNK; 01-26-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Ideally this revolver would have a front sight with options and rear blade options as Id really like to have the rear notch outlined in white and various notch sizes. But thats just because of my aging vision issues.
    The C&S Fixed rear is back in stock:
    http://www.cylinder-slide.com/index....ef=ExtremeDuty

The Kimber K6 comes closest to what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Im sure Ill see this first hand next week if I can find the samples, does anyone know how the cobra compares in frame size to a k frame? Im staring to gather from online reading the K frame is larger.
    What is S&W frame that is comparable to the Cobra in size?

You can find both at Kimber. The DAO and the DA/SA. 6 shot 25oz revolver in 357 that shoots 38+P with ease. Uses the D Frame Colt speedloader and carries like a J frame. Great trigger, rear adjustable sight and accurate at speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    You can find both at Kimber. The DAO and the DA/SA. 6 shot 25oz revolver in 357 that shoots 38+P with ease. Uses the D Frame Colt speedloader and carries like a J frame. Great trigger, rear adjustable sight and accurate at speed.
    Technically, Kimber doesn't offer an adjustable sight model in DAO or snubby configuration, but I agree the K6s line-up comes closest to OP's otherwise "doesn't exist" parameters.

OP, are you in the mood for serious coin dropped on gunsmithing, or are you cool with compromise and if so what's your hierarchy of requirements?

Bottom line thus far is Kimber does get you nearest.
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

User Tag List