Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
The red mist has dissipated somewhat...I'm going to pick up some different rounds and make another trip to the range before I send it back.

Another (self-induced) issue I discovered that occurred...in my frustration to extract the empty cases from the chamber, I was tapping (at the end of the session, it was more like beating) the rear of the locked-back slide on the shooting bench. I noticed when I got home that I ultimately bent the slide lock tab on the last beating, which would not allow the slide to go forward. {Doh!}

I've tapped it back down close to flat...looks like I'll have to remove it to get it back totally flat.
Oh my, I bet you can remove it and bend it with some pliers or tap it back into position. Or, even replace it maybe.

I think I told you, I went to Home depot and bought a 3/16 wooden dowel rod and cut it in about 8 inch long pieces to use to remove the stuck cases. Worked great but a real PITA !

I then kept records of each magazine and the failures by type and sent that along with my gun.

So, good luck and stay after them.