Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible New Cancer Therapy

Possible New Cancer Therapy

Snip below. Emphasis in original.

"Researchers at Cardiff University that were in the midst of analyzing blood from a bank accidentally stumbled into an "entirely new type of T-cell", according to The Daily Wire. The new cell carries a "never before seen" type of receptor that acts like a grappling hook, latching on to most human cancers.

Prior therapies, called CAR-T and TCR-T, which use immune cells to attach to HLA molecules on cancer cells' surface, are incapable of fighting solid tumors, the article notes. HLA molecules vary in people, but the new therapy instead attaches to a molecule called MR1, which does not vary in humans. This gives the therapy a chance of fighting most cancers. It also means people could share the treatment, which could allow banks of cells to be stored and offered quickly, as needed.

The treatment has already worked on lung, skin, blood, colon, breast, bone, prostate, ovarian, kidney and cervical cancer cells. The study stated . . . "

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/sci...nd-cure-cancer

Oh please let this be true.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Site Supporter
    Somebody needs to throw up the bat signal for the medical gang here at PF

I'm always hopeful, because fuck cancer.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I hope this is true...I had stage 3c colon cancer 4 hrs ago at 46 and while I beat it, the treatment took a heavy toll....60% of my colon gone along with 12” of small intestine so the problems associated with that then the chemo which took me from near perfect vision to needing progressive lenses, severe arthritis, burnt up testicles so testosterone injections for the rest of my life, memory and concentration problems
    Like I said I beat it (so far) and am immensely thankful if it comes back I wouldn’t do chemo again, I am afraid it would take me almost to invalid level

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    The treatment has already worked on lung, skin, blood, colon, breast, bone, prostate, ovarian, kidney and cervical cancer cells.
    That's a pretty inclusive list of a lot of cancers and would be good news if true. I didn't see were pancreatic and bladder cancer. I'm sure there are others.

Does the skin cancer referenced above include melanoma? A colleague just passed away from this. He found it he had it just before Thanksgiving, and died before Christmas. Jeez.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    It's a single basic science research paper that describes, in part, the way T cells can detect neoplastic cells. There is only a very slim chance that this will one day be leveraged to clinical benefit, and, if so, that day is decades away. Sorry to be a wet blanket, but the lay media interpretation of this study is a very far cry from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    I hope this is true...I had stage 3c colon cancer 4 hrs ago at 46 and while I beat it, the treatment took a heavy toll....60% of my colon gone along with 12” of small intestine so the problems associated with that then the chemo which took me from near perfect vision to needing progressive lenses, severe arthritis, burnt up testicles so testosterone injections for the rest of my life, memory and concentration problems
    Like I said I beat it (so far) and am immensely thankful if it comes back I wouldn’t do chemo again, I am afraid it would take me almost to invalid level
    Really sorry to hear that, but glad to hear you are disease free. Cancer sucks.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 01-25-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    It's a single basic science research paper that describes, in part, the way T cells can detect neoplastic cells. There is only a very slim chance that this will one day be leveraged to clinical benefit, and, if so, that day is decades away. Sorry to be a wet blanket, but the lay media interpretation of this study is a very far cry from reality.

I’m hoping for people in the future really, while I certainly don’t want it to come back I’m comfortable with whatever comes

Really sorry to hear that, but glad to hear you are disease free. Cancer sucks.
    Thank you, but you get what you get in life....luckily I have always owned my own business’s and have a pretty wide skill set so I was able to sell off unnecessary stuff and transition into other business with out my family having to suffer financially

And yes cancer does suck

BBC story: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51182451.
    Link to the study, which is waaaaaaaaay over my head: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41590-019-0578-8
    Last edited by MichaelD; 01-25-2020 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Added BBC story link

Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    Thank you, but you get what you get in life....luckily I have always owned my own business’s and have a pretty wide skill set so I was able to sell off unnecessary stuff and transition into other business with out my family having to suffer financially

And yes cancer does suck
    Glad you had no financial problems. For our family that went not so easily. I have no illusions. Even if that's true, It's gonna cost a fortune for the middle class. Even the article about the cure is $10

Quote Originally Posted by TheSergeant View Post
    Glad you had no financial problems. For our family that went not so easily. I have no illusions. Even if that's true, It's gonna cost a fortune for the middle class. Even the article about the cure is $10
    I guess some would consider what we did financial problems, we didn’t
    First thing we did when I got home from the Dr was list every toy we had for sale...sold Harley,dirt bikes, quads, side by side, snow machines, pontoon boat, fishing boat basically everything but my guns my wife’s jewelry and her new car
    It took the stress off of both of us and the only thing we re-bought was a harley

User Tag List