Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unity Tactical Atom 2

Unity Tactical Atom 2

Looking through SHOT Show stuff and this really caught my eye.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7lpKoKhV6Z/

Open license and cross-platform compatibility with the same plates is a really good idea. I was thinking about sending off another slide for an optic cut, but now I'm considering waiting for this instead. Did anyone here who attended SHOT get a first hand look at this system? Any info on release dates or which companies will be offering slide cuts?

I'm also wondering if this will work with the G43/43X/48. From pictures it looks like all that's needed will be a single set screw in the back plus whatever keymod looking thing is in the middle. It doesn't seem to be limited by slide width. The Holosun 507k looks promising, but with slimline pistol RDS's being such a new thing, I feel hesitant to get something milled for the RMSc/507k footprint only for something better to come out in the next year or two using a different footprint.

Yup, saw it & like it. There's bias on my part as I have been happy with the version 1 Atom mount - with the exception that they never went commercial the beta-tested M&P version. DocGKR has multiple slides done that way. I've been waiting for either Agency or Unity to release their systems for the M&P.

I talked with one of the Unity staff at TNVC's booth. It'll be an open license on the dimensions, spec'd for the slide machining - cuts, milling. Once Unity sees (a) completed slide(s), not sure how many, and they meet the standard, Unity will approve them as a vendor. The plates will be sold by Unity; I didn't ask about potential re-sellers, retailers. Boresight Solutions was the one named company, by the Unity rep, as already being on-board. I queried Ben but I haven't heard back about when & how much. Somewhere, I can't recall where, I saw that Primary Machine is also in the mix.

Keymod isn't what comes to mind with the reference point in the middle, though it makes me think of an old door mechanism. The end cuts are done so that as the mount rotates in, the openings go from open to narrow. The set screw is the lock-up (if I'm phrasing that right).

The new Holosun offerings are kind of a pretty good argument for this - I think. Their enclosed emitter model will not work on the Acro footprint, their 507K needs front bosses but can't have rear bosses in the cut - which the Shield RMS is set for (per the Holosun rep in their booth). If optic companies are going to continue producing different footprints, then something like is needed because not everyone can afford to keep having slides cut differently.

I took a couple photos but that IG link had very similar ones.

I was just ready to go for Agency Arms AOS universal plates. This looks really good too. I guess it will come down to who get the optic lower on a Glock.

Unity Tactical Atom 2

So does this wipe out BUIS, or am I missing something?

Based on photos, the BUIS is a part of the plate.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Based on photos, the BUIS is a part of the plate.
    Someone else explained it to me in a different thread. The plates are longer, to support the ACRO, so the rear sights go on the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    So does this wipe out BUIS, or am I missing something?
    Several of the pictures at that link have BUIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Several of the pictures at that link have BUIS.
    Sorry, I just viewed the one pic. Thanks

So this or Agency?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    So this or Agency?
    I'll pick this because primary Machine said it MIGHT work with the P07 🤞🏽

User Tag List