Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a new Beretta APX Target

Picked up a new Beretta APX Target

I picked up an APX Target to complement my existing APX and I'm sort of glad that I did. It has a couple of extra features that were hard to confirm remotely on the Internet, so I'm glad that I have one now and that I can confirm that in addition to the listed features (RDO, Fiber Optic/blacked out rear sights, no-grooves frame, longer barrel/slide, 4 mags in the box, green striker), it has a distinctly enlarged magazine release and slide stop/release, and has had significant work done on the internal design to improve lockup and barrel/recoil spring/slide fitment. They've made clear changes to the front of the slide, the recoil spring design, and the barrel design.

I'm hoping to get out to do some accuracy testing with it, which will prove to be interesting.

And since I'm going to be doing some testing with shot timers at my next range trip with my new shot timer (indoor range friendly! Thanks P-F), I should also get to see if there is any significant difference in behavior on the timer between a no-groove and finger-grooved frame, since I can swap the frames on the guns around. While it's mostly irrelevant, it will be a fun experiment.

I like my APX pistols. I am definitely interested in the tighter lockup idea, although my full-size has been plenty accurate for 3gun blasting.

But where are the pics?

Quote Originally Posted by homeyclaus View Post
    I like my APX pistols. I am definitely interested in the tighter lockup idea, although my full-size has been plenty accurate for 3gun blasting.
    Im also a HUGE APX fan. i already own two and have been wanting to pick up the Target version as well...

+2 on the pics OP.

Site Supporter
    But is it still the homely Beretta sister?

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    But where are the pics?
    +3

I didn’t know these existed. Seems heavy at 31 ounces empty. Who’s make AIWB holsters for these?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I didn’t know these existed. Seems heavy at 31 ounces empty. Who’s make AIWB holsters for these?
    Not sure if aiwb holsters for race guns are a priority for the manufacturers...

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    +3
    +4
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by homeyclaus View Post
    Not sure if aiwb holsters for race guns are a priority for the manufacturers...
    I get what you’re saying but I use to carry a 34 appendix. The APX target is pretty standard sized.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List